Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is the Racer's Corner I figured I'd ask who's going to be at the AFM races at Infineon (better known as Sears Point) in about two weeks. This will be my first time to Infineon as this is my first season racing (well... half season) and I can't afford to do $300 track days there. Should be fuckin awesome and I've played enough Tourist Trophy with my bike there that it shouldn't be too hard to get dialed in with the track.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'll be there. Be sure and do Saturday practice. Infineon is a very very technical track and not easy to ride for the first time in a race. Just suck up to the idea that you will not be going as fast as you would like, until you get to understand the three blind corners, 2, 3a, and 8a. 4 is kinda off camber and half blind as well. O and 6 is kinda blind too.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Yea I have to do Saturday practice for Clubman, so I should be somewhat ready for Sunday after the Clubman race. Plus, I've been watching the AMA races there over and over, thank god for Tivo. Stop by and say hi sometime during the weekend, I'll probably be in the Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning tent most of the weekend cuz I work with Dave Moss. My number is 663 and my name's Mike. Best of luck at the races!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I won't be. It cost me $$ to do THill last month, and would be about $300 more (than too much) for Infineon (motels in Sonoma are not cheap...). The BSR guys, I think, are doing Miller instead, and doing the 4-hour in Sept, so no chance of hitching a ride.

Ernie, my next race with AFM is now likely to be in 2007 at the March BW round.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Ahh Sears is too much fun... I probably won't drive to Buttonwillow, though the points would be nice it ends up costing an arm and leg after gas, motel, etc. Stricly Sears and Thill for me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ernie... have you yet had the pleasure of doing B-willow backwards? The track flows so much better backwards and is a ton of fun. Also, the bumps that suck in the normal direction, for example the nasty bumps going into 3a, aren't an issue backwards, so thats nice, too. So, I strongly recommend doing the October races if you can afford it, should be awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.