Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been shopping around for parts and stuff for my bike and came across all those sweet Beet goodies that we can't get easily over here, or can we?

I know Beast ordered through a Japanese buying service, but as it turns out, Beet will ship directly to the USA. They can accept CC or PayPal payments and even offer discounted prices for US customers.

See their English page here: http://www.beet.co.jp/english/kawasaki/ninja250r/

If you follow that to the bottom there is an order form, which will let you get a quote for any pieces you want to order.

I got them to quote me on their slip on exhaust and you might be surprised at the results. A few days later I got a somewhat awkwardly worded email with my quote.

[Item1]
Product name: New N-R TI/OvalSUS S/O Ninja250R
Code#: 0272-K95-50
Quantity: 1
Retail price: \55000
Your price: \44000
Stock status: OOS (takes about 2weeks to prepare)

Pricing:

If you'll notice on their site, the price listed for the slip on is 57750, this is due to Japanese taxes, which we don't have to pay.

I calculated it out and the taxes seem to be ~5%. In addition he is giving me a ~20% discount on my order.

So to get yourself a decent guess for your price on any Beet part, Multiply their listed price by .95 to account for taxes, then by .8 to account for their discount.

Shipping:

Shipping is surprisingly reasonable considering that it's coming from Japan. In the quote email he points me to a site to calculate my shipping cost: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html

He gave me the weight for shipping the slip on (~4500g) so that comes out to roughly 7500 yen (~$72 USD)

It's hard to calculate exact shipping but figure it to be somewhere in this range, depending on what you order.

Great, but I'm lazy, quotes?

These are all in USD and WITHOUT shipping and are estimates to help you decide if you want to bother emailing them.

Nassert Slip On: $420
Nassert Full Exhaust: $746
Nassert Full Race: $875

Rear Sets (Silver): $396
Rear Sets (Black): $422

Front Brake Rotor Kit: $289
Handlebar Raisers (Gold): $46
Rear Spring Kit: $72

Here's a link to convert yen to USD: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=JPY&to=USD&submit=Convert

Unless the guy that did my quote really liked me for some reason, these should be pretty close to what they end up quoting you. But they are estimates based on the information I have, so don't come crying to me if they quote you something substantially different, go figure out why your email address offended some Japanese guy. Maybe [email protected] wasn't the best choice?

Also, as a side note, that super cool race swing arm they have on their demo bike and the "club racer" 250r is not a production product, to quote the guy that emailed me:

This swing arm which attached to our demo machine is the one of two we made
for shows.
The rest of swing arm is attach with Kawasaki's Club Racer and no more make
because too much time and money it will take to make.
So, have fun, I hope this is of some help to someone.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Well hot damn....nice work Ouhei!!

BUT fyi, that "ORDER" section is completely brand new. It wasn't set up that way originally and ended being in all japanese and way more cryptic when I had originally ordered. They must have realized people want them some BEET ;) Dammit...now I want that rotor kit. $289 is a steal!

Glad to know there is another option that could save people some money on service fees :) Repped buddy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well hot damn....nice work Ouhei!!

BUT fyi, that "ORDER" section is completely brand new. It wasn't set up that way originally and ended being in all japanese and way more cryptic when I had originally ordered. They must have realized people want them some BEET ;) Dammit...now I want that rotor kit. $289 is a steal!

Glad to know there is another option that could save people some money on service fees :) Repped buddy
Yeah, I remember reading about the Beet stuff before and there being no mention of this ordering page. I'm glad they put it up.

You should totally go for the rotor ;).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you discuss customs/duty/import charges or are they not applicable to these parts?
From my email, it seems any of those fee's are included in shipping, the service they're using lists these prices for shipping to the USA.

He talks about payment and it doesn't mention any additional fee's outside of the price of the item and shipping cost.

Here's the whole email:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for inquiry.
So, estimate will be as follows,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[Item1]
Product name: New N-R TI/OvalSUS S/O Ninja250R
Code#: 0272-K95-50
Retail price: \55000
Your price: \44000
Stock status: OOS (takes about 2weeks to prepare)

[Item2]
Product name: Kawasaki 250r Race Swing Arm
Code#:
This swing arm which attached to our demo machine is the one of two we made
for shows.
The rest of swing arm is attach with Kawasaki's Club Racer and no more make
because too much time and money it will take to make.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The weight included packages for this product will be about 4000g to
5000g.
Check http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/parcel.html or
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html for forwarding cost.

Also, an exchange rate can be checked to the following site.
http://finance.yahoo.com/m3?u

When you make order by your card directly, please fill out all information
of attaced form and send me by fax.
(I strongly recomend to use fax for the safe.)
Then, I deliver as fast as possible.

Or we can accept PayPal payment.
https://www.paypal.com/
In the case of Paypal payment, please fill out the ordering form except
card information and fax or e-mail me.
Then I will send mail with Paypal payment address.

Moreover if something is, please ask me freely.

Best regards

Toshihiro Matsumoto
Sales Dept. BEET JAPAN Industry co.,ltd.
3-53 Yashimokita Sakai Osaka, 591-0022 Japan
Tel. +81-72-257-7600 Fax. +81-72-259-6600
url http://www.beet.co.jp E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my email, it seems any of those fee's are included in shipping, the service they're using lists these prices for shipping to the USA.

He talks about payment and it doesn't mention any additional fee's outside of the price of the item and shipping cost.

Here's the whole email:
Custom/Duty is usually a fee tacked on upon arrival into the US and varies according to the cost of the goods. Most likely the prices quoted do not include these fees. I'm not sure if you will have to pay custom for these parts though. Usually you pay if its going to a business address.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe it has to do with a certain dollar level of the transaction... not really sure, which is why I asking. :)
yeah your right about the dollar level, I'm not sure but I think if its for personal use and its under $500, they won't charge a fee, but above the $500 mark they will charge. Also if ordered from a business, they include invoices so you can't really lie about the price. I could be wrong though, I guess who ever orders it will find out.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You guys do realize you are putting these parts (ie....rearsets) on a bike that the majority of the parts cost at least 1/6th of the total price for the bike.....Right??

Isn't that kinda like putting lipstick on a pig? I mean I'm all for modding for purpose, but those Beet parts that break just as easy as the rest are a little too pricey And don't get me wrong they look great but trying to get a replacement part such as a peg for those rearsets it also going to be costly as hell.

Newbies...............

·
Registered
315 Posts

I think she is pretty hot, lol.

Wish I had the cash to even THINK about those rear sets. Black would be the color of my choice. If anyone is thinking about bringing them over in their luggage, you can gift them to me. No duties required ;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
No reason. I just think that if someone is going to spend $500 bucks on some rearsets they would benefit more by putting that money into something that makes them better riders. I mean lets be honest KKim most the peeps on here are newbies and would benefit by taking a riding school such as superbikeschool or something.

But hey to each their own. Once they have been riding a while they will understand.

·
Registered
775 Posts

I think she is pretty hot, lol.

Wish I had the cash to even THINK about those rear sets. Black would be the color of my choice. If anyone is thinking about bringing them over in their luggage, you can gift them to me. No duties required ;)

LOLOLOL

And yes Black would be the color. Wish they had it in the Woodcrafts I just got.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys do realize you are putting these parts (ie....rearsets) on a bike that the majority of the parts cost at least 1/6th of the total price for the bike.....Right??

Isn't that kinda like putting lipstick on a pig? I mean I'm all for modding for purpose, but those Beet parts that break just as easy as the rest are a little too pricey And don't get me wrong they look great but trying to get a replacement part such as a peg for those rearsets it also going to be costly as hell.

Newbies...............
How people choose to spend their money is their own choice. Rear sets can be useful for people that have longer legs. Exhaust is a pretty common modification for the bike.

This stuff is a bit more than most other parts, but that's a personal decision. I simply figured I'd post this up to help people make up their minds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts