Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have the stock exhaust on a ZX6R 2005, and I am planning on purchasing an aftermarket exhaust. My question is, what do I do with the servo in the pipe. Does it stay in there or do I remove it? And if it needs to be removed, would this affect the bike in any way? I though this servo was to help in the low rpm torque. Would the ECU give an error code?

Thanks for your help

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
search on here with the type of exhaust you are getting and servo fix keywords and ye will find many have been down this same path and how to resolve it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i just put a yoshi rs-5 on my bike and it came with a servo blockoff. if you just disconnect the cables the fi light will come on. there is a thread on here about making your own servo eliminator.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Like strat said ... topic has been covered many times so try searching first. Since you are new, I'll help you out this time. When you purchase an exhaust most manufacturers will have instructions on how to remove the butterfly valve, cables, and what to do with the servo motor. My Akra had complete instructions and also included the hardware for the servo motor. Basically what you are doing is removing the cables that run from the servo motor to the butterfly valve that is inside the stock pipe. After that, with the exhaust you purchased you will likely get a little metal piece that you place on the servo motor that fools the bike into thinking the cables are still intact. When installed correctly (you really can't screw it up) ... it will keep your FI light from coming on. If you don't like the servo motor being there and want to get rid of it completely, you can purchase an Ivan's servo motor eliminator and that will allow you to completely remove it. I have no idea what it costs, but just Google Ivan's servo eliminator and you will find it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yeah just a little, might not even be to noticeable but thats the sacrafices you make for getting rid of a 15 lbs shovel, adding more power, better looks, and a great sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts