Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up one of the TAIDDAN garage door openers from e-bay for 55 bucks including shipping. I got the correct one for my garage door opener type (SEARS).

It opens the garage door with a simple flash of the highbeams. I recently installed a set of real HID headlights I got off of a member on here. If I did not have the HIDs, the install of the TAIDDAN would be as simple as splicing into both wires of the high beam headlight with two wires on the TAIDDAN. HIDs should not be "flashed". They require a cool off period of 30 seconds or so before you turn them back on after turning them off. It would be a hassle to be turning my high beams on/off and blinding the SHIT out of cars in front of me. And if I forget to turn the high beams off while riding, I'll have to pull up, turn off high beams, sit there for a minute, THEN turn on my high beams to open the garage door.

How can I hook the TAIDDAN remote up to a regular switch w/o using the high bemas at all? It should use a constant on switch, not a momentary switch as the high beams stay on. I would have to know what the two wires that go into the high beams exactly do, and how they work. IF it is as simple as a 12v DC positive and a ground, then it will be super easy. But if there's some complicated crazy electrical stuff going on to turn on the high beam headlight, then I will need to think it out a bit better. Any one have any info or help? Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.