Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a good deal of difference i can tell down low. I think i want to go +2 in the rear though. Overall it feels nice and smoothed out the gears alittle better. Just thought Id share.

·
Registered
150 Posts
***k you !! j/k ;-) I can't get my ft sprocket off. I will try when I get back from MotoGP

Made a good deal of difference i can tell down low. I think i want to go +2 in the rear though. Overall it feels nice and smoothed out the gears alittle better. Just thought Id share.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
real easy man, Impact gun, took 5 seconds. Ill be at Moto GP also but ill be working their equipment and handling bikes and loading them onto the airplanes :-D

·
Registered
150 Posts
My air tank was only 120 psi, so when hitting the impact it goes to about 95. That nut is torqued at about that plus loctite. 3' breaker bar didn't work either. Trying a bigger compressor next week. -1 +2

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i use an electric one lol came right off.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
real easy man, Impact gun, took 5 seconds. Ill be at Moto GP also but ill be working their equipment and handling bikes and loading them onto the airplanes :-D

Some people have no problems where others have to use three people, a 4 foot breaker bar, impact gun, and lotsa heat.

I am also pretty happy with -1 on the front. one track day one it and it did help a bit.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
My air tank was only 120 psi, so when hitting the impact it goes to about 95. That nut is torqued at about that plus loctite. 3' breaker bar didn't work either. Trying a bigger compressor next week. -1 +2
Can you trailer the bike to a tire shop? I bet you could slip someone $5 and they'd have it off for you in a second using their impact.

I actually just put in an order for -1 and a new chain.

...and new sharkskinz, SS lines, motul brake fluid, water wetter.

Going to be ordering a new ingersoll rand 2135ti impact this weekend and a speedodrd next month.

expensive month for me :(
-Cody

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wish i had that kinda money.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I helped j0ntar take his off, and I've never seen anything like it. It was on there so tight it took three of us to get the damn thing off. hope you have better luck than we did.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even when i had my 07 6R it was breeze. guess i got lucky twice

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
wish i had that kinda money.
Me too...wait...:D:D

I have an interest-free Discover card that I put it on. It'll be paid off in 3 months

I just did it with some buddies. -1 +2. We had to use a BIG breaker bar and a BIG guy, lol
Yea...I'm not a big guy...5'11", 160...so I have to get tools to do it for me...haha. Gearing and brake lines will be here today. Hoping that my sharkskinz will be here before not this, but next weekend so I can get them painted...but I'm betting that's not going to happen. My next track day is Aug. 20th...I'm hoping to have everything completely painted by then, but not holding my breath.
-Cody

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn you and your intrest free~ lol good luck with everything and your track day!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
damn you and your intrest free~ lol good luck with everything and your track day!
I get offers all the time. My bike was paid for on the kawasaki good times credit card. It had low interest for 2 years, then goes up. I got an offer from discover for 0% for a year and no balance transfer fees, so I switched it immediately. Now I have a 0% interest bike loan and have a high enough limit to where I can still put stuff on it and not be over 50% of the limit.

I want to get a new suit next year. When I do, I'll probably try to get another one of these 0% interest cards (this one runs out in April) and buy a new suit on that...and maybe tire warmers and a generator...haha. I won't go over 30% of that limit though.
-Cody

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went -1/+2 and the nut broke free with one pull and NO breaker extension. That was a first for me but I think it was because I only had 150 miles on the bike...got lucky I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Impact wrench and and hand on rear brake. Came right off. Even swapped my chain to a green one. First thing I noticed during test ride is that the low rpm jerkiness is for the most part eliminated. Throttle repsponse is better. I am curious as to how +2 in the rear will feel. Although I dont want to give up too much top end.

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
Impact wrench and and hand on rear brake. Came right off. Even swapped my chain to a green one. First thing I noticed during test ride is that the low rpm jerkiness is for the most part eliminated. Throttle repsponse is better. I am curious as to how +2 in the rear will feel. Although I dont want to give up too much top end.
im roughly around the 100 mph mark at around 10k rpm in 6th with -1 +2

rough estimate. im going for a ride shortly, ill report back lol

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Finally got my -1 finished last night. Took about 10x longer than it should have since i have no experience with this crap. Next time it should take about 30 minutes to replace the chain.

It did seem to get up and go faster. I only rode it for a little while on my way to work, most of which is in traffic. Hopefully I will get to have some more fun with it this weekend before it goes back to track form for the 20th.

My impact worked great, although I had to turn the air compressor up to 120 from 90. Took 3-4 seconds and came right off. Barely had to hold the rear tire with my foot.
-Cody

1 - 20 of 27 Posts