Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you removed the Kawasaki emissions system from the airbox? Once you get rid of that it won't pop so bad on the overrun. Moreover, you'll garner yourself better throttle response. I don't believe people when they say it's worth more power, it saves you a little in the way of weight but I've yet to see any data supporting the claim of addiotion ponies. Nonetheless, popping and booming on the overrun makes me happy, but I like my valve guides straight more than the noise.

All the best to ya!

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I thought I had a leak somewhere. I'll have to find a "How To" to remove all that emissions stuff.

I like the popping too but I've never heard popping like this. Why is it so deep sounding?

Also, please explain to me what you meant when you mentioned "I like my valve guides straight more than the noise." Does removing the emissions system allow for lower instances of valve mis-alignment?

Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers,

MM.

==============================
Someone once said "ride faster than your demons can fly"

Alas, my demons are far faster than I...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, I forgot how much easier an I4 is to install a full system! That RC was such a pain! My initial impressions:

Arata:

Quality is amazing
Very very light - stock system is sofa king (say that out loud) heavy
Quiet at idle but gets louder as revs rise and down right obnoxious at high rpms
Very easy install
Pops on decelaration (weird deep toned pops - of the like I've never heard before - sounds like a bass beat from a 20" woofer - scared the crap outta me the first time it happened and messed up my set up into the corner)

PCIII USB:

Freaked me out when the lights on the unit didn't come on - until I started the engine
Fit and finish is much nicer than my PCIII R
Easy install

The bike is SERIOUSLY stronger than stock. And I mean a big difference - that 12rwhp increase on the Sato system on the RR is entirely believeable. The Jardine 2-1 and PCIII R didn't make a real big difference on the RC but this pipe really transformed the bike.

Thanks to Dan Kyle for his unparalleled customer service. I'll be buying from you for years to come Dan!

I'll post pics in a couple of days.

Cheers,

MM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just thought I would pass on the fact that I have exactly the same exhaust/pcIII with the arata map as you except i desmogged (de kleen) my bike. I get a little popping on deceleration but nothing real loud or excessive like you are saying. Check out Gary Milchecks how to get rid of the kleen system and yank that crap off your bike! These mods really make a difference on the 636! I am extremely happy with my 636!:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by robz924

Just thought I would pass on the fact that I have exactly the same exhaust/pcIII with the arata map as you except i desmogged (de kleen) my bike. I get a little popping on deceleration but nothing real loud or excessive like you are saying. Check out Gary Milchecks how to get rid of the kleen system and yank that crap off your bike! These mods really make a difference on the 636! I am extremely happy with my 636!:D
Link please?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
... and come to think of it... we want pics of ROB LEE'S BIKE !!! Hopefully at full lean, with all the mods!!! :D

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
51 Posts
And for all you chicken haters you may flame me from the pics above, be at peace:

http://wickedgrande.gixxer.com/photo2.html

4 runs up and 4 runs down the tight side followed by 40 booger losing miles of superslab home.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, I can make mine look like that with a butane torch and a file. :D. What's up man? How've you been? Did you do the trackday? I yahood but I don't know if you got it. Let me know. [8D]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.