Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you notice how the steering on full right hand lock how it stops on the damper and when turned left it does not and stops on the normal tabs on the upper fork holder.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not sure about the Hyperpro but the instructions with my Ohlins stated that the damper was not to be used a steering stop as it will knacker it.There must be some form adjustment to even it up from side to side.Is it not possible to slide the damper through the clamp to even it out.

·
Registered
763 Posts
steering should be full lock to lock. what you need to do is loosen that one bolt that holds the actual damper in place with the clamp part around it, then turn your wheel all the way and you will see the damper move where its supposed to then tighten it back down.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried loosening the clamp that holds the damper. But still when i do full right hand lock it hits the damper first and not the steering stops. Does anyone have this problem with the Hyperpro on our bikes.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not familiar with the hyperpro but is it possible you've been supplied with the wrong size of damper.If your sure you've fitted it correctly it sounds like its stroke length is too short for your bike.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a photo. I have to go to work now. Thanks for the help. And it misses the tab by about 3-5mm.

·
Registered
763 Posts
hm well im not sure man. i know i have the RSC compared to your CSC.. but they should be exactly the same.

i know once you loosen that clamp you are supposed to turn your wheel completely to left then tighten it down. if that doesnt work then i dont know

edit- sorry i meant all the way to the RIGHT, not the left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.