Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

Before I say which pipe I installed, I know we all have said our two cents or have seen countless debates, on this forum about which pipe is best. In my opinion, it basically comes down to personal preference. I totally respect anyone's choice of pipe and any other aftermarket goodies they have. To each their own, right? So after all that I have seen on here and from all the riders that I have met through all my group rides, I finally made my decision and went with the Akrapovic carbon fibre bolt-on. What a difference it makes from the stock can. Just the fit and finish and especially the weight difference was incredible. It was really easy to install and only took no more than a 1/2 hour. I absolutely love the sound but then again, it's my own personal preference. Very low and gurggling but sweet sounding at higher rpm's. I couldn't ask for more out of that pipe and I'm totally pleased with my purchase. I definitely highly recommend it if you are looking into a pretty high end pipe. I'll try to post some pics of the install over the weekend.

Cheers!

Robbie

'02 ZX-6R silver/black

·
Registered
316 Posts
Almost all pipes have a nice sound to them, just some are loud, and others are low, and deep. I think either way, it sets you apart from stock, and you can't argue with performance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hate to bud in like this, but what does the Akrapovic sound like? I've never heard one before, and I don't really know anyone that has one either. Can someone record theirs for me?:D I have a kerker that was on the bike when I bought it... it's too loud at idle and perhaps even too loud everywhere under 5k... I don't wanna put the stock back on though 'cause I still want a nice sounding exhaust. Everyone has such great stories about the Akrapovic's throaty sound... I wanna hear it!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Azn6R,

I just came back from a friend's bachelor's party and a bunch of us rode. Even other riders that we met up with that I didn't even know came up to me and asked to hear the pipe. I didn't get any bad reactions at all and all of the people I showed the pipe to were really impressed. We should meet up for a ride sometime. We both live relatively close to each other so why not meet and then you can hear it up close. Email me: [email protected] I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers!

Robbie

'02 ZX-6R silver/black

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
... or if you ever go to the Ice House in Campbellville for a meet, lemme know and I'll give ya a listen to mine...

VERY hard to describe. I like to use the term SEXY. It's quieter at low rpms than a D&D or Hindle, or even a Yosh, and very deep sounding and smooth. At 5,000 rpms you start to get a real nice throaty roar to it and at 8,000+ rpms it just sounds sexy. Not indy-car whiny, not farty like some cans, but just very smooth and sweet. It's actually pretty loud at full tilt boogie, but the nice thing is there's a chance you won't wake up your neighbours at 4am if you come home late if you keep the rpms way down.

Send me an email if you wanna hook up sometime, Campbellville is a good meeting spot...

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Awesome choice, they have the sweetest sound and the best performance. I like Yoshi's also, but as long as I can afford them I will continue to buy Akra's for future bikes.

"Count down to Pimp Status begins: T-Minus 4 Posts"

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey 2000GSR,

I bought the pipe from www.exoticsportbike.com. When I first started calling around to any places that sold it, the first thing I asked was if they shipped to Canada. Parts411 doesn't ship to Canada and that was a drag. I called exotic and gave the business to them for that simple reason. Also they gave me a wicked deal too. We have to hook up again for a ride for sure. Give me a heads up if there are any more of those group rides coming again. I got another couple of buds which I usually ride with so we'll all hook up again. Like Iroman said, I'll also continue to buy Akro because it only gets better each and everytime I ride.

Cheers!

Robbie

'02 ZX-6R silver/black

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.