Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today i installed a two brothers CF exhaust today......i can't believe how loud it is. has anyone had success with the P-1 sound reducing tip??? I'm riding in 5Th gear 30 mph and it still loud...lol Do i need to jet the carbs?? what is the average cost to have it done by a shop. I'm in NYC if anyone wants to recommend a place.

I recently simmed the needle with two #4 washers. the bike runs smoother now

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have the tip in mine and I like the way it sounds with it in. Not near as raspy. I don't know that it is "quieter" but its definitely more mellow and not quite as harsh.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Search two brothers exhaust and you will find your answer. I added the tip, and it sounds a whole lot better, but I wish I had held out for the fmf, or the area p quiet core.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I installed my D&D, it was pretty loud. It has mellowed out quite a bit in the past 2 months.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've installed earplugs, mine's much more tolerable, now.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the tip in mine and I like the way it sounds with it in. Not near as raspy. I don't know that it is "quieter" but its definitely more mellow and not quite as harsh.
I have a dB meter at home. Before to after difference was 2 dB on mine. Not that much difference but like the others here, has taken the edge off the note.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Any exhaust will sound really loud after being used to the stock ninja exhaust. Probably one of the most quiet exhausts i've ever heard. I can barely hear what rpm i'm at when i'm riding in traffic. Personally I want an aftermarket exhaust BECAUSE it is louder, so I can actually hear my rpms.

·
Registered
97 Posts
TRUST ME! A louder exhaust will save your life. I live in Atlanta where everyone and their mother drives crazy. They are always rushing everywhere and I nearly get sideswiped all the time. I'm still on the stock muffler and know if I had an aftermarket 80% if not 100% of the idiots that come onto me would look twice when they hear that "loud" exhaust of yours.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I don't believe that.

edit: Kelly beat me to it.

damn you, kelly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i knew it was going to be louder than my stock exhaust. I watched a lot of videos before i bought it. i thought it would have a slight wrx sound....its a bit different in person. I'm convinced the power tip is going to make it sound the way i want. i just need to soften the raspy edge it has. I'm think my bike needs a bit of tuning. i can pull off at 2k rpm but somewhere between 2k and 5k i get a bog/power loss/ lag then it wakes up after 5k .....it also causes the exhaust to sound a bid odd.... My bike only has 170 miles on it. should i go back to stock to complete the break in process?? then proceed to do the necessary tuning ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Matty E- did you take some dB readings of the stock and the 2B? That would be interesting. :)
The bike dealership put it on for me before I had picked it up from them so didn't get a before and after comparison kkim. I do know from having a standard one running then starting up to 2B one that there is a huge difference though. ;)

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
search, newb :D

This is also good (since cats are the new dog)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the pic of the chick on the beach, brightened the morning up.

A louder exhaust is good for two reasons in my opinion:
1) Easier to hear your bike and know what kind of rpms you are at so you dont need to look down as often and can focus on the road.

2)Motorists can more easily hear you and be aware of you, so that hopefully they are less likely to smash into you.

A quieter exhaust will work to your disadvantage with both of these points.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The bike dealership put it on for me before I had picked it up from them so didn't get a before and after comparison kkim. I do know from having a standard one running then starting up to 2B one that there is a huge difference though. ;)
Dealer installed mine, as well. Shim the needles, it helps in the 2-6K range quite a bit.

cool... where did you find earplugs big enough to fit into the back of the 2Bcan? Doesn't that cause a lot of back pressure? :p
I make them myself from potatos. My mom always said I could grow potatos behind my ears...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPdate

its been a month and i can honestly say i hate this two bros can with Bullish silencer i leave for work at 4:45 in the morning. and its just too obnoxious.. everywhere i go it sounds like I'm racing around. I do not need the extra attention from the Police.

sansfenders
when taking off from a light, people think you're racing them because I have a 2 Bros pipe and it's real loud. It sounds like I'm WOT all the time. People start to drive like an ass then, because they think you are. I actually ride the thing like a gramma most of the time, but I notice people are so disrespectful/irritated around me when I ride. Maybe it's always been that way but I just notice/ellicit it more from being on the bike.
I can relate to this guy. i'm just trying to get to and from work and get used to riding a motorcycle. i don't need extra drama. I end up riding slower than i should just so i don't make a lot of noise. its not fun . So where do i go from here now? what are my other options. I don't have a way to listen to aftermarket exhaust before i buy umm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts