Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Yoshimura rear LED tail lights for my new 2017 Ninja 650.
I was following their instructions, but it's not clear what connects to what in their wiring diagram.
Does anyone here have experience installing these lights, or similar lights?
Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Theres two wires per light and they simply connect where your standard lights used to go. If it doesn't work the first time you wired them up; swap the wires.

Generally one wire is black and is usually ground (for both the original and the aftermarket lights)
You can't do much damage here so don't worry if you get it wrong. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kit included a relay module, which on their wiring diagram appears to be inline with the signals. That's the part I was wondering about. After some research, I discovered that this is a replacement for the factory relay that sits below-ish the left handlebar.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's worth using some dielectric grease on the connectors after you've got them installed to your satisfaction. It's also worth putting a proper connector where it wires into the harness or at least giving them a good wrapping of electrical tape after applying the grease.

The last thing you want is for the lights to behave oddly because some moisture shorted them out. It probably won't kill them, these are low voltage, but you might get weird results like impromptu hazard lights or them not firing at all until the moisture gets out of there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts