Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just installed some EBC rear pads on my '03 zx6r, what is the torque specs for the rear brake bolts?

The front has to wait though because damn ebay sent me the wrong fronts! :( should be 4 pieces for each caliper not 2!

For the front should it be 25 ft lbs for the mounting bolt and 11 ft lbs for the brake pad pins?

thanks

G

·
it wont come loose if u dont torque it, as long as u make it nice and tight. just use the allen wrench in the tool kit.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Originally posted by landon
Well i just installed some EBC rear pads on my '03 zx6r, what is the torque specs for the rear brake bolts?

The front has to wait though because damn ebay sent me the wrong fronts! :( should be 4 pieces for each caliper not 2!

For the front should it be 25 ft lbs for the mounting bolt and 11 ft lbs for the brake pad pins?

thanks
Yes, 25ft lbs for the mounting bolts and just hand tighten the brake pade pins, they won't move.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, here is a pic of the front pads... i opened up the front caliper and there seems to be 4 individual pads in each caliper but the pads i received are 2 to each caliper and I emailed the 58cycle (who i bought it from on ebay) and he says the part number is the right one... anoyone know if these are the correct ones or what?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got this pic off ebay but this is basically what the pads are supposed to look like for a 2003-2004 zx6r

anyone know the EBC part number so i can bitch this guy out:D

·
Registered
857 Posts
is that not 4 pads per caliper i see 2 pads on the right just onone mounting unit and there will be the other 2 pads onthe left but the pad is turned upsidedown to fit in the pack...i havnt done the brakes on mine yet tho, so im not 10% sure, what came off your bike it should look the same...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep, the second picture i posted is of what the stock ones look like (8 individual pads for 2 calipers) and the first picture is of what they sent me (2 large pads for each caliper, and no they aren't the rears I already installed those and they are different). The company is making me send pictures of what they sent me and all this kind of bullshit, they need to just let me send the wrong pads back and admit they sent the wrong f'ing pads. :(

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Those are pads for a 2000-2002 Zx6r, not the 03/04. There should be 4 pads per caliper. Make sure to tell them monkeys they are radial mount calipers and not the tokico six pistons one that they sent you the pads for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.