Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the power commander for the 03, but after I was finished the fuel injection light was on, any clues

I still have the stock exhaust on and the stock map loaded into the power commander.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The bike did run after installation, yes? I would re-check the connections and ground.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my own dumb fault, I forgot to hook up the airbox connector, remembered about in the morning when I woke, but today was the first chance I got to work on it, but she seems to run fine, no FI light. but haven't had achance to test her out though will tomorrow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got my '03 636, my first fuel injected bike. Not knowing much about FI, what is a Power Commander, what's involved in installing it, how do you get/download maps?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
a power commander is for fuel injection as a jet kit is for a carberator. You can view and download the maps at www.powercommander.com. They have the latest maps available for the different exhaust/air filter setups. The power commander electronicly optimizes the fule to air ratio to obtain peak performance. However mine runs rich now so I shoot out some pretty nice fireballs when it is somewhat chilly out

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.