Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys!!!! Hey I just got a quick question. I just received a RS-3 Yoshi exhaust and in the directions it states that you have to install a new muffler gasket. Can the old one be re-used???? I want to put the exhaust on but the dealership doesn't have any of these gaskets in stock and I want to put this thing on NOW. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
My dealership replaced my stock pipe with my new Stainless Steel Yoshimura RS-3. The bike had about 100 miles on it when I had this done. I watched the service tech install the pipe and they didn't use a new gasket. My bike runs fine. [8D]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hey WickedClown when are we going to get together for a ride????? I called you and left a message some time ago and never heard from you????

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just got my RS 3 and when I took off the stock muffler there was no gasket on it.[:M74]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by gohmer
I just got my RS 3 and when I took off the stock muffler there was no gasket on it.[:M74]
Did you check the stock can to see if it stuck to it??

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just checked, and there is nothing, I even checked in the stall around my bike and don't see anything.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I installed the pipe and just re-used the gasket and everything works fine with no leaks. That pipe is freakin awesome. I'm very happy with it.

ZZRocket,
Sorry I didn't get back with you. I had my daughter the day you called and was really busy and when I saw your number pop up I didn't recognize the area code or the number so I just blew it off as a wrong number or something. I totally apologize for that. I'm game for a ride but we will have to do it soon since the weather has been kinda shitty lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.