·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i check this layout...

It says the bulbs are:

92069A BULB, T3, 12V 0.7W

92069 BULB, T3.4, 12V 1.1W

WTF? I can't figure out what bulb numbers these are... I want to replace the crappy lights in there with LEDS but I just can't do it, and I don't want to take it all apart before I have something to replace it with...

Thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
604 Posts
The bulbs are small and are in holders that twist into the back of the cluster board. To install LEDs you will have to hard wire them in with a resistor. The LED may also not illuminate as well. A regular bulb emits light all around it. LEDs emmit light in one direction and different LEDs emit light at different angles. Good luck!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bulbs are small and are in holders that stwist into the back of the cluster board. To install LEDs you will have to hard wire them in with a resistor. The LED may also not illuminate as well. A regular bulb emits light all around it. LEDs emmit light in one direction and different LEDs emit light at different angles. Good luck!
They sell specially designed LED bulbs, that fit into predesigned holes, like ours, that shine in all directions. Maybe not AS bright, but def the kind of light I would rather see...

thanks for the help guys, hopefully the right guy can see this and figure it out for all of us.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The bulb is a t3 12v 0.7w bulb. I bought blue led's off of ebay by just going to the motors section, motorcycle parts and accessories, and typing in "12v 0.7w blue led". I believe they came from a guy in australia. They look awesome at night time, yes they have hot-spots which means that the light is brighter right where the bulb is. Honestly, it doesnt bother me and isn't that bad. Hope this helps you guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The bulb is a t3 12v 0.7w bulb. I bought blue led's off of ebay by just going to the motors section, motorcycle parts and accessories, and typing in "12v 0.7w blue led". I believe they came from a guy in australia. They look awesome at night time, yes they have hot-spots which means that the light is brighter right where the bulb is. Honestly, it doesnt bother me and isn't that bad. Hope this helps you guys.
shaving the tops minimizes/eliminates hot spots, but it makes it a little dimmer.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The bulb is a t3 12v 0.7w bulb.
Man I typed that everywhere, and I just couldn't do find anything...

I feel rather dumb now...

Do you have pics of your LED coloring? Are the wholes in the speedo clear? if I get white LED's will it shine through white, or that semi green coloring?

EDIT: Still nothing, not even in google...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, see if anyone can asnwer this...

Since I CANNOT find the T3.4, just the T3.. Will it work? Same mounting points, just different watts?

I am going to open it all iup and find out. Updates will be posted along the way...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a regular t3 bulb if I remember correctly. They are kind of a pain in the ass to put in the cluster, but the will fit. If you put in white bulbs I think it will shine a light green/blue color. The blue looks good, but as I said has a few "hot spots". Overall, I am happy with the results as it only cost me $4 shipped and its a little mod that makes a big difference in appearance.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a regular t3 bulb if I remember correctly. They are kind of a pain in the ass to put in the cluster, but the will fit. If you put in white bulbs I think it will shine a light green/blue color. The blue looks good, but as I said has a few "hot spots". Overall, I am happy with the results as it only cost me $4 shipped and its a little mod that makes a big difference in appearance.

You wanna post up a pic?

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Even though this is a thread from ancient times;

I had to replace a few bulbs on my bike (hit a deer and knocked out a headlight and some guage bulbs etc..) and was looking for some options besides oe bulbs....

Anyways-kawasaki does sell these bulbs;

P/n 92069-1113 is the T-3 12v .7 watt bulb (the 2 back light bulbs in the guages)

P/N 92069-1110 is the T-3 12v 1.1 watt bulb (the 6 indicator bulbs)

They cost about $4.00 each

Just an FYI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts