Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance on my '03 636 is 445 bucks a year, full coverage from Progressive....But if you buy your 636 through Kawasaki's Good time credit card you dont have to get full covereage on insurance, because the insurance company thinks you paid cash for the bike since it was purchased on a "credit card".. Of course the dealer will probably make you sign papers that say you will get full covereage though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll try All State.

Definitely full coverage. It's not really me I'm worried about, it is the other guy causing me to wreck.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Shit, I feel like I'm getting [:M43]. I'm 32, perfect driving record etc., and full coverage for me is $1400/year, and I know someone that sells Progressive (and this was the cheapest). Must be because of the state I live in or something.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn thats a lot!! mine was suppose to be 366 when I first started it, but then I got a "revised" quote for 455 a week later because they found a speeding ticket and a defective vehicle ticket on my record..... I still cant complain though, it seams like i'm getting a sweet ass deal..

·
Registered
178 Posts
About $230 a year with a $250 deductable. I use State Farm but with them you need to have a car with them too. Did you mention that when you called them? They seem to be the cheapest, and I always hear that when it comes to motorcycles. Call a few places too.

I do have my house/two cars/personal items throught them so I get a multi discount. But that's not a whole lot.

·
Registered
302 Posts
All State, All State!!!!!!!!
Seriously, 2 main reasons:

1. they don't weight sportbikes the way all the other companies do.

2. they have 6 month policies and a $50 6 month storage policy for off season, so you are still covered if you hit it in the garage.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If you've ever been in the service try USAA. Best insurance money can buy, no banter and no bullshit when it comes to handling claims.

Otherwise, um I dunno.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
That's what happens when everything is in your mother's name!

Gator booots and da big tyma' Gucci suits ain't got no job but I stay shaaaarp...got evertin' in my mama name but that's alright 'cause I'm still flllyyy.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
you sleep with your broker...[8D]

seriously, I have no idea, Statefarm here in PA only goes by engine cc size, they dont care if it's a cruiser or sportbike..so at 599cc's I get a great rate....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Allstate won't touch a sportbike. I tried two of them around here and both told me in the last month they received listings for bikes they can't insure. Ninjas, CBRs, GSX-Rs, R1 and R6.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i currently have mine with statefarm as well, allstate was rediculous and I was with them for years, as for usaa they will only insure sportbikes if you have been riding sportbikes for 3 years not just bikes. statefarm 265 yr PA south of philly boothwyn to be exact. VA.Beach were I actually live almost 600 for statefarm, there is the difference, depends were you live. good thing military can still claim home residency. but from most who I have heard from on this post statefarm is the way to go, they don't classify bikes by type only by cc.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just called another State Farm agent locally (Houston Texas area), and the only bikes they can insure is a touring or crusier that is 801cc or higher. The agent also told me that their pretty strict even with those. Damn, what a difference depending on where you live. I guess one good thing for us here in the south is the 10 months a year riding weather [:M49]

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah come think of it i've never actually meet mine, i've only talked to her on the phone and shes prolly old too...dammit, maybe she has a daughter....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.