Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I am getting some insane quotes from insurance companys!!
Can someone give me some advice for insurance, as far as what to say to keep my rates cheaper. Oh yeah, I have a ninja zx6r

·
Registered
486 Posts
how old are you?

state farm seems to be the most praised among sportbikers..that is if you've been licensed for 3 years

·
Registered
247 Posts
PSIC. (Pacific Casualty) State Farm is cheap only if you have another policy with them ( car, home, etc. ) I have an 06 ZX6R. My quote with Pacific is about 100 a month full coverage. My last bike an 03 SV650S full was only 400 a year.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im 32 so thats not the problem, the problem is ive had my license for only 1 week. So can I fib and say Ive had it for 5 or will DMV snitch on me?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by vegaspimp
Im 32 so thats not the problem, the problem is ive had my license for only 1 week. So can I fib and say Ive had it for 5 or will DMV snitch on me?
Do you really want to get in trouble for providing false information to your insurance company?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'm 32 also. I use state farm for all of my insurance - house, 2 '05 Accords, '03 Avalanche, 05 636, 05 ninja 250 (wife's) and I pay $160 per month for all that. How's your driving record? Are you married? What kind of quotes are you getting? I don't believe it matters how long you've had a license, unless you're talking about a driver's license compared to just a class m.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought a policy through Allied Insurance today for 380 for the year. 250 deductible for comp, collision. 100k 300K and 50K. My previous policy through Pacific Speciality was close to 1300 a year. They quote by CC. cheapest one I've found only if you want to insure your bike. PM me or send me an email. i'll pass along the agents info. I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THEM IN ANYWAY!!! just trying to save you all some $$$

·
Registered
171 Posts
My advice, move to washington state, insurance is not required on motorcycles. Its a great deal, until you wreck, or your bike gets lifted.

--nate

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn, that explains all the motorcycles I saw in Seattle!! Was wondering why there were so many.

Anyways, i got State Farm today.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would try smaller insurance company's. Maybe some no name company in yur local area. Thats how i got mine down to $18 a month. cuz like some of you, progressive, geico, and all the big name company's wanted like $120 a month. Insurance is insurance. You'll be covered whether u have state farm or bob's insurance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Aloha! I felt your pain too! I was going to get insurance on my bike by it self and was quoted From $3000-$5000. I didn't know that my statefarm insurance carries Motorcycle coverage. The down side is this! If you are not with staefarm you can't get it or should say can't afford it.I aswell have a multi-car discount. They also gave me 6mths to get my indorsment for cycles and I pay 60.00 for full coverage. Not bad for Daytona Beach. So my advise is get your cars on statefarm or hit up a relative. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.