Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the thread about the kid running from the cops and cant believe how many people made mention of "no wonder are premiums are so high"

Do you really believe that?

Do you not realize that each vehicle is given a rating based on what its capable of before it ever hits the road? And has nothing to do with how many speeding tickets or accidents were caused by other drivers of the same vehicle....

Insurance premiums are set on a million different factors. Theft, accidents, and vandolism reported in your zip code

Your driving record plays a large factor in it, and believe it or not your credit... someone with a sub 600 score will pay allot more then someone with a 700+ score

I have a feeling that the majority of you blaiming that kid, have a bad driving record, poor credit, or you just dont live in the best of neighborhoods which is has all be created by you and not the kid running from a cop or speeding...

Thats why there are so many people on here paying 25 a month for full coverage on the same bike you say has a high premium.

I myself recieved a dui almost 2 years ago and realize my premium is high because of my actions not anyone else's. I'm sure I will get flamed for this but it cracks me up seeing how many of you blame others for your own actions

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by gumby
I was just reading the thread about the kid running from the cops and cant believe how many people made mention of "no wonder are premiums are so high"

Do you really believe that?

Do you not realize that each vehicle is given a rating based on what its capable of before it ever hits the road? And has nothing to do with how many speeding tickets or accidents were caused by other drivers of the same vehicle....

Insurance premiums are set on a million different factors. Theft, accidents, and vandolism reported in your zip code

Your driving record plays a large factor in it, and believe it or not your credit... someone with a sub 600 score will pay allot more then someone with a 700+ score

I have a feeling that the majority of you blaiming that kid, have a bad driving record, poor credit, or you just dont live in the best of neighborhoods which is has all be created by you and not the kid running from a cop or speeding...

Thats why there are so many people on here paying 25 a month for full coverage on the same bike you say has a high premium.

I myself recieved a dui almost 2 years ago and realize my premium is high because of my actions not anyone else's. I'm sure I will get flamed for this but it cracks me up seeing how many of you blame others for your own actions
every state has diffrent determining factors.

Ca takes where you live into factor. So if you live in a major city you pay more than those who live in rural areas. Our law makers have change that this year and starting in 2007 it will be illegal to base premiums on where you live and instead use your credit and driving record more

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
yes there are many factors, but many of them, like theft, location you live in, vandalism, etc, are not things you really have control over (unless you move to a better area).

The things you do have control over, are tickets you get, by choosing how you ride, and to some extent collisions, you can prevent many, but the cagers out there you can't always do anything about.

Insurance companies do look at how much a bike has cost them in the past, how many speeding tickets it's riders have had, how many collisions, thefts, etc, and use that to determine rates. So, someone running from the cops isn't the biggest factor in our rates, but it is one.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
There are too many factors that go into an insurance premium, as noted above. Credit, zip code, prior driving record, accident history, other things like comp claims, age, marital status, etc.

For example, with Allstate, you're considered a young driver as a male if you're single or divorced/separated until you're roughly 50 years old. Married? Different story. You can be 18 years old and get married with an Allstate policy and no longer considered a young driver, which will indeed decrease the premium in almost every case I've ever seen.

Also, if you have your auto, property, motorcycle, life, recreational vehicle, RPP, etc with the same provider, you will have cheaper premiums for each and every line in most every case.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am 30 and I pay 65/month which is roughly 780 per year. Have had no tickets or anything. I think this is high as 'S'. It is from those AS wholes who think riding is stunting and 'F' there bike up. Theft is a big problem too, but who leaves there bike alone? There may be a rating but your insurance company can charge whatever they want. I live in Maryland and only too insurance company's will cover bikes. Riding styles are a big "factor" in premiums.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by phq-u
I am 30 and I pay 65/month which is roughly 780 per year. Have had no tickets or anything. I think this is high as 'S'. It is from those AS wholes who think riding is stunting and 'F' there bike up. Theft is a big problem too, but who leaves there bike alone? There may be a rating but your insurance company can charge whatever they want. I live in Maryland and only too insurance company's will cover bikes. Riding styles are a big "factor" in premiums.
I laughed out loud.. at work.. at you.. not with you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.