Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm calling and getting quotes today for rates cause getting bike titled in my name tomorrow -

2003 636 - 15/30/25 - 250 deductibles

progressive - $4600 per year!!!
state farm - $600 per year
AAA - $866 per year

how the hell can progressive charge that much!!! it sux, cause i have my car policy with them too... but damn, state farm is cheap - they didn't even want to know the model - just the brand and the engine cc's

b

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
are you getting full coverage, or just liability?

i only have liability and it sucks im so paranoid about my bike getting stolen, or toatled. so i ride careful, and only park in my garage, aircraft hanger, or on the sidewalk at my other job, right next to the door, with 2 security cameras watching it.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
thats pretty good price wise for state farm. Over here in Jersey we got a company called Rider that issues only motorcycle insurance and only in NJ so my rate is $880 a year which is good to me for my license situation.

·
Registered
247 Posts
try allied insurance. i bought from an agent in Lomita,CA.

250 deductable

30 bucks a month. comp/coll

100K/300K

35 no tickets/accidents PM me if you want my agents info.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I live in Orange County in California.

Geico raised my rate from 2400-2700 and refused to tell me why. I was FURIOUS and cancelled it

My friend referred me to a State Farm agent today.

216.84 for a 6 month policy with 1000 deductible

This is for basic full coverage

OMGWTFBBQ!

·
Registered
857 Posts
one word for all you fuck you haha i pay 3100/year for a 6 monht riding season thats for just liability and theft....fuck i hate ontarios bike insurance...

·
Registered
264 Posts
State farm is the way to go. I have an 04 636 and am 33 years old. I pay 269.84 for Full coverage including un-insured motorist. I looked online and progressive and Geico were very high too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a terrible driving record, Full coverage w/ progressive is 1300yr but i am 25 my friend who is 23 with clean record got quoted about 4000 a year threw progressive go figure[?]

·
Registered
55 Posts
For those of you who have State Farm do you have to have another vehicle with them? My friend has his there and his full coverage is almost less the my liability with state farm. He told me that he needed to have his car insured there first.

·
Registered
303 Posts
in Tennessee State Farm requires you have another vehicle insured with them.

$4100 a year for a 636 !!! ... that's unbelievable. I have full cover with progressive and its only 450 per year. That sounds like a Busa insurance quote.

I wonder what a ZX-14 insurance premium is? I know a busa's insurance is out of sight. I had a young friend tell me his insurance guy said it would be like $6k a year ... so basically they're saying, you don't need a motorcycle like that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have state farm..

500,000/500,000/100,000 collision, theft, etc, etc.. 250 deductable, and mine is 450 a year..

27 years old, no points, tickets etc, no kids, not married..I also have life insurance with them and my truck is insured with them as well..

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have USAA. $689 every 6 months. BUT that is for an 03 Ford F-150, my 05 636, my girls' 04 Chevy Trailblazer, and my renters insurance. $500 deductible and full coverage on the vehicle side of the house.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah, I have my truck with them, but I insured the bike first, then my truck. Gonna get renters ins. too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice thanks for the info!! I switch to state farm on Thursday. They quoted me $42.00 a month and i was paying 103. Thats full coverage.
American Family Ins sucks azz.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.