Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering who all has CHEAP insurance....Geico wants 3000 for full coverage and that is outrageous...I was wondering if anyone knew any companies that had a decent price for full coverage.

My record is clean..and i dont want to get ripped off switching to full coverage.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
State Farm!! Search is your friend! :D

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
how old are you? I'd be willing to be the majority of your expenses are going towards collision. Ever consider doing everything EXCEPT collision? Make sure you DEFINITELY have comprehensive..

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Geico only wants $400 a year for full coverage for me. but then again I am 33 years old, had my motorcycle license for 18 years, clear driving record and military.....sooooo, I guess this doesn't help much....lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Try Allied Insurance. Full coverage on my 06 is 30 bucks a month. 250 deductible. I'm 35 with clean record. State Farm is cheap ONLY if you insure your car through them. They also quote by CC, not the type of bike. PM me if you want my agent's info. She's in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Go with state farm, with Geico insurance on the bike wasnt even possible. And I dont have a good record either and they only wanted like 61 buks a month with a low deductible too.

U cant beat statefarm for bike insurance, now car insurance they wanted double what geico wanted.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Try Foremost Insurance 800-237-2060. I got liability for a year for $110... thats cheap for me in Cali. Next year I am going to look into State Farm

·
Registered
243 Posts
anyone with statefarm who had full coverage and there bike stolen know how much of a jump the insurance went up a month?
might be moving to nashville and the location of my bike, if i keep it, will be risky.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by goldenboy
anyone with statefarm who had full coverage and there bike stolen know how much of a jump the insurance went up a month?
might be moving to nashville and the location of my bike, if i keep it, will be risky.
generally, your location has a LOT to do with your premium regardless of a prior or current theft. it has just as much to do with your premium as your credit score or your driving record/history does. keep that in mind when you're selecting places to live! you might live on one side of town and pay $30 a month, then move to the other side of town and pay $300 a month. I'm exaggerating, a tiny bit.. but I've seen it make ENORMOUS differences before. Enormous! And of course people don't think to check things like that out before moving or relocating, because that's the LAST thing you think you have to worry about.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most state farm agents will tell you they want one car to insure your bike. Now my idea of full coverge is comp/coll, property damage, and bodily injury. No if you can pay anywhere from 70.00 and under a month you are doing good. Insurance is like realestate location, location, location. Then size of motor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Geico Period

2006 Ducati 749s-full coverage $500 deducts
2006 Kwak 600rr-full coverage $500 deducts
2005 Kwak Ex250 liability only.
$525 For The Year for ALL THREE!!!!
36 years old,no tickets.

·
Registered
151 Posts
im 20 years old and live in michigan... cheapest full coverage i got was 5 grand even was quoted at 14 grand a year for full coverage hahahahahahahahhaha isnt that the stupidest thing u've ever heard????

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dude call AIS the commercials aren't a joke, saved a shit load of cash with them.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by quilobo
Dude call AIS the commercials aren't a joke, saved a shit load of cash with them.
you're right.. they're not a joke. they're marketing ploys

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am having the insurance woes as well. I pay 2700 a year for my zzr with progressive I was quoted like 5000 a year for a zx6r when I was looking and that was the reason I opted for the zzr. I just recently quoted a 10r and it was 12,000 a year ! Im 27 and have 3 speeding tickets in the last 3 years. I was told by an allstate agent that they couldnt insure me until 1 of the tickets went off my record which is in november so I am going to try to go to a company that isnt raping me because 2700 a year is absurd let alone what they want to insure a liter bike.................

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.