Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You should call around. I would guess quotes in the neighborhood of $5,000 per year. That is usually what they say when they are not interested in insuring you.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
if its full coverage yeah around $5k. liability will run aroud $600. i paid $545 when i was 19.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You have a full license when you're 15? When I got my first bike I had just gotten my permit. I wouldn't recommed doing this, because you get nailed to a wall by cops. I don't know how the police are around your area, but here in NY cops pull sportibkes over for no reason. I used to average 2 times a week. I wasn't speeding or doing anything wrong whatsoever. But if you have a full unrestricted license insurance should probably be around $3500. Try to get it insured under your parents name and it'd be cheaper. Oh and take Defensive driving; it really makes a difference. And try to find a company and stick with them, because the longer you're with a specific company the cheaper they are.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have to disagree about sticking with one company. My experience has been that a lapse in your insurance will cost you, but it's always good to shop around for rates. If nothing else, it lets you know you're not being taken advantage of.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by mvrk1

I have to disagree about sticking with one company. My experience has been that a lapse in your insurance will cost you, but it's always good to shop around for rates. If nothing else, it lets you know you're not being taken advantage of.
What does lapse in insurance mean? Not having continuous insurance?

I called every damn phone company in the phone book (literally) before I found the cheapest one, so it definitely pays to do your homework.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cheaper is not always best guys. I wanted better coverage and peace of mind that if something happened I knew I would be taken care of. So I pay a bit more a month...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes, I had a "lapse" in my auto insurance once when my agent didn't tell me it was expiring (and I wasn't paying attention). When I got my new policy, I paid a little more for the first few months.

Definitely check into the medical coverage. It really sucks from some companies (like state farm).

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i got half a mill liability when i was 17, and i pay $235 a year. i'm eighteen now but it hasn't changed

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
well i'm in canada so i don't think this will help but....it's called klondike insurance agencies ltd
oh and i think it's owned operated whatever by Wawanesa Insurance
hope that helps

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hell kwak6002002!!! you're only 15 and you're getting a bike?! you lucky bastard lol. my parents think i was young to be getting a bike at 17. you must have super parents or something. lol

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
lol, didn't a kid post here a while ago about him getting a bike and his parents disowning him?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You ever wonder what happens to these kids? They post here saying they're getting a 6 whether their parents like it or not. They tell us how great of a rider they are and have been on dirt bikes since conception. Then they're never heard from again. Do they just need a moral boost and leave or are they now permanently embedded in a bridge somewhere.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hey, i'm still here and i'm freakin' staying...no way i'm letting a bridge take me out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.