Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the 06 zx6rr has one in the intake systum cus my frend has a 06 cbr600rr and we just took the baffles out and it made a huge sound difrence and i was wondering if my bike hade one and if it can be takin out. thanks for the help

·
Registered
18 Posts
He is wrong...there is a baffle. Check your parts diagram. Its located within 3 inches of the intake screen on the bottom....its small.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I never had that on my 03 636 and I know my 05 10R doesnt have one. I guess they added it to the 05/06 to get the intake track noise down on them.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
the honda baffle is tied into a vacumn solenoid that opens it at higher rpm, it is strictly a low rpm baffle. The vacumn CLOSES it, so motor off it is open and when the solenoid cuts out at 4-5 K rpm it opens again. We used to just pull the vacumn hose on the 1000rr.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know if you remove the baffle on alot of cars---the intake gets LOUD, so I guess it would make more noise.....but my Akra full system is loud enough for me

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just pulled mine off and im about to go for a ride, Ill let you guys know.. when I started it I could hear it sucking, like a new intake for a civic or something haha..

·
Registered
871 Posts
Originally posted by kawirider86
I just pulled mine off and im about to go for a ride, Ill let you guys know.. when I started it I could hear it sucking, like a new intake for a civic or something haha..
let us know, btw you're supposed to plug the hole. I've read a bottle cap will work.

·
Registered
763 Posts
well after reading this i went and took mine off... i took it off, left the hole unplugged and started the bike. then covered the hole with my hand, then put the baffle back on... all while running. didnt make a bit of difference in sound. even revving up didnt change anything

i went ahead and left it off tho, and plugged the hole with something. figure it might be worth a hp or 2 while at a decent speed since the air will have a straight shot instead of some going into the baffle. probably wouldnt show any effect on a dyno tho.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by zx6rr06
i cant take mine off how do you get to the bottom bolt??????
very short screwdriver and pull down on the flat piece under the nose that gets in your way of getting a screwdriver there.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.