Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Powerhungry
37,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got the CA tailight. is it going to give me problems when i go take my dmv mc test? isnt it supposed to be xxx amount of inches from the center of the bike, or however they do it? anyone else run into this? im not able to put the old signals on b/c i cut the side plastics to keep the big gap covered. are they very picky during pretest "inspection"?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can't speak from experience, but I thought they were DOT approved. At least when I bought mine it said it was DOT approved. IF it is I can't see them saying anything. Personally I think you can see them better than some of the other after market marker lights.

·
Registered
563 Posts
California code is 12 front, 6 rear, don't know if they care at the DMV.

I do know that when I was 16 taking my driving test my parent's van's horn didn't work. They said I couldn't take the driving test with an "unsafe" vehicle. I went home and ripped that thing open and got it working so I could get back down there. DMV is a huge hassle and loves to adhere to the "book" if it will make things more difficult for you.

·
Powerhungry
37,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ive since been down to the dmv and asked a tester. i got a funny look. she says" as long as you pass the test. thats it" haha wtf my shit dont gotta be legal..sweeet. oh and while i was there. some guy rolled in on like an 1100 cruiser. and took his test on an 80 scooter. wtf...damn ppl.

·
Registered
703 Posts
....i once legally registered a canadian "import" RZV500. it was physicaly looked at by a dmv inspector. go figure ! !

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
when i took my test the guy asked me to turn the turn signals on to make sure they worked properly, tested the horn, and that was about it... i would say as long as you can see them over your tail light then it shouldnt be a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.