Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by joejoe0187
I just put flush mounts on my bike, the difference was insane!
Ive also got a black 06 and looking at smoke flush mounts. Are they highly visible and are they bright enough? I dont want to risk loosing a lot of visibility to other trafic. The cagers are blind enough the way it is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
flush-mount front turns and a rear turn intergrated tail light were i think the 2 best investments for the $$$. makes the bike look sooo much cleaner and smooth. plus they still pertrude outward from the fairing in the front so on comming traffic has no problem seeing them.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by antiflag8737
flush-mount front turns and a rear turn intergrated tail light were i think the 2 best investments for the $$$. makes the bike look sooo much cleaner and smooth. plus they still pertrude outward from the fairing in the front so on comming traffic has no problem seeing them.
What brand and color did you go with? Im not sure what I like with black. Any opinions ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seemed to me different smoke flush mounts had different tints. I really like the ones I got and they are very bright and visible. Lockhart Phillips, got them off ebay. Not sure if it's legal but they don't blink orange, it's white light. I like it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
clear alternatives smoke flushmounts are nice buddy has them on his black 636 only prob is that they shipped his with chrome bulbs instead of the normal amber ones that came with my green flushmounts mine are way way brighter they actually light up the road beside me at night his dont really project any light out of them and i think its just because of the chrome bulbs

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got mine form 58cycle.... i forget what it ran me price wise. but it was reasonable with free shipping. i went with clear alternatives smoked turns and tail...i heard that clear alternatives have better fittment the some of the cheaper knock off ebay crap. i just like the way smoked looks on every color. mine is the flat blue pearl. i also put on a zero gravity double bubble dark smoke windscreen. the whole package looks great. soon as i get some pix ill post up.
next is exhaust but im a broke ass.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have clear alternatives smoke flush mount turn signals and integrated tail light and I love them both. The tail light is a weird fit that I had to get creative with but they look great.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just did a little research at work today. I was about to order a set of PIAA bulbs for my flushmounts until I saw my cost was $38.95 for two 1156 bulbs!! No way in hell Im paying that. So if you want to go with a brighter bulb for your flushmounts use a 2356 bulb or a 2356NA for amber. These bulbs put out 40 watts of light vs. stocks 20 watts and PIAA's 23 watts. Not to worry they only draw .13 more amps. Best of all they are about $1.50 ea. at your auto parts store.

·
Registered
520 Posts
UPDATE 2356 is WRONG 1295 and 1295NA (amber) is correct. Sorry i dont know what I was thinking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.