Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first, I'm a noob to this forum, & wd like to offer thanks for it (relative to others it's consistently entertaining/informative).

me = NYC res, former ninja250 owner (first bike, ridden 5 mos all over Manhattan), droolfully awaiting gorgeous 2002 black/yellow zx6r (dealer/DMV/title delay, don't ask). while hyperventilating over pics/stories/stats of my soon-to-be-consummated lust for the ninja, it struck me to wonder where I can find a copy of the service manual.

Also, anyone in my area who wants to ride, I'm gung-ho (shd take deliv tmw or Sat)

Also, how does the name "yellowcake" grab you (ref to preprocessed fissionable material/spy story/media circus of last few weeks). Another black/yellow-themed possibility is beehive, massive,buzzing,implacable, etc. Pls discuss amongst yourselves.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
can someone see his IP address and see who this is, wtf?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
appreciate the welcome...beginning to wonder about the entertaining/informative part...

arturo3d - getting zx6r shortly, tryin to get ahold of the service manual, wonderin what you guys think of possible names (for the bike). I think that covers it. have you been appointed inquisitor/intimidator?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Come on guys give him a break. It's his first zx6r so he's a little delirious. :D

Welcome to the board and congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the tips & the sympathy for a kind of good ol' boy delirium. I was hoping to acquire a hard copy of the manual, but thus far my searches have yielded nada for the 2002 -- not that the searching hasn't been fun in itself.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I bought mine from the dealer for $43 ouch! but have have seen them on ebay for much less. Search e bay motors, motorcycles, parts, kawasaki zx6r
I have a 2002 as well, not as flashy as the 636 but still a fun little scoot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah...I was hoping for better $$...there's a guy on a uk board offering CD of manual, but doesn't mention $$...will get back to me.

arturo - that's cool & concise (got my armored duds). nice color on yr ride.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yellowcake and beehive both sound kinda goofy to me. But who am I to judge? I call my 6r "little red" and my 900rr "thunder".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not necessarily "beehive", but something akin...something related to swarming masses, buzzbombs, implacable hordes, etc. maybe I'll just stick to riding for awhile...like yr name-choices, tho.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Playrink,
Ian here from the 250 board. There's nothing wrong with the version posted on the board here. It was copied straight from the actual manual and uploaded by one of our wonderful members, for our own use.

If you really want a hard copy, then download it and print it out. There's not going to be any difference between the two copies except that you had the privledge of paying for one of them.

BC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.