Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, long time lurker, finally registered.

I'm a grad student in Southern Illinois using my 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 as primary transportation. It's usually nice here, so I get away with that. For the nasty days I have my 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, For an ongoing project, I have my 1991 Toyota Celica GT Convertible.

I got my Ninja in January of 2011 as my first bike. It was in pristine condition with just about 5500 miles on it. I'm now up to about 11,000. It's been dropped once in the meantime due to a negligent driver. And perhaps a bit of rider inexperience, but has been a delightful bike to learn on. At this point I'm looking to bump up to a ZX-6R 636 sometime next year, while keeping my 250. It's a great grocery getter.

I'm also looking to pick up an early 80's cruiser in need of some TLC at some point in the future for a bike project.

Thanks for having an awesome forum!

ProjectTCHG

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ninjabadger, I'm not from carbondale, but I'm going to school there. I live in nearby Murphysboro.

Niko, I'm still pretty torn on color. I'm looking at the 2013's because I want traction control and ABS, and I think that bike looks gorgeous in all three options. I'm probably going to end up between green and black, and availability at the dealership when I get it will make the decision for me :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to hit up the polar bear weekend.

Have you heard any rumours about the 2014 model? I'm really just expecting it to be identical to the 2013's as massive as the changes have been from 2012 to 2013. That's why I'm hoping to get a "one year back" bike at the end of the season for 2 grand off or so.

Yeah... I'm unrealistic... but I'll probably buy either way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts