Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! another newbie here... Got my license about 2 weeks ago and bought my bike the next day. She's a 2010 250r and I LOVE it!.. but due to rain the past week I haven't been able to ride much, but if the suns-a-shinin', im-a-ridin'!! lol.. Im glad to see there are so many women riders on here, and Im hoping to meet some people from my neck of the woods... Dallas-Ft. Worth TX... so if anyone wants to ride let me know! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
New

Hey! I introduced myself in the newbie section but I really wanted to introduce myself to other female riders! I'm 21 and I live outside of Atlanta- I've had my license for 4 years when I took the MSF course and got my first bike about 2 years ago. I'm kind of known for my love of hello kitty haha and I've done all the work on my bike myself :D

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Another Newb here. My name's Erin and my ex is the one who got me into bikes, but I love them so much that I'm going to continue to play! I actually started on a lil 80cc kawisaki dirtbike and then last september I came home after wine fest to a brand new 09 Kawi Ninja 250 sitting in the garage!!!! WOO SO HAPPY. I'm currently battleing him for it so I can keep it but so far it's working, and just in case, I took the MSF course this past week/end and got my license this morning!

As it turns out, My dream bike is actually a yamaha R6- I'm sorry Kawasaki lol.:violent:
(kawi) (yamaha) -----> and that's what I feel like I just did to kawi by saying that lol. but anyway, its true that's what I want to upgrade to. But for now, my ninja (named eleanor) is my girl!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I'm Crystal. I don't have a bike yet but my husband and I are contemplating getting me a Ninja 250. He has a Gixxer and I love riding with him but I like to be in control lol. I'm short so the 250 will probably work best for me! I joined so I can look around and gather information before taking the plunge. I plan on taking the rider course sometime, not sure if I will do it this year though. Maybe next year!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi, I'm Crystal. I don't have a bike yet but my husband and I are contemplating getting me a Ninja 250. He has a Gixxer and I love riding with him but I like to be in control lol. I'm short so the 250 will probably work best for me! I joined so I can look around and gather information before taking the plunge. I plan on taking the rider course sometime, not sure if I will do it this year though. Maybe next year!
Hi Crystal, the 250 is a great starter bike and I def recommend taking the course! I used to ride on the back as well, nothing compares to being the one in control. You'll never go back ;)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Ladies!

I just bought my first bike yesterday! It's a 1985 GPZ 750 with 30,000 miles on it but it's in great shape with all the original body panels. I looked through the other women's posts and it seems like everyone has very new bikes, but I love the look of the older bikes.

I got into bikes after my boyfriend turned our house into a mini garage for almost half a year for his first bike/major project (an '84 Honda VF500 Interceptor) which included 3 different parts bikes and trips to go get them. Here is a picture of us on our first ride together:

And I don't have a picture of my bike but here is a stock image of it:

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Oh dear, shorts and a tee shirt? :eek:

I hate to be annoying but I hope you wont be riding your new bike like that!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Ladies,

My name is Stephanie and I am currently located in Mesa, AZ! I own a 2008 Ninja 250R and I absolutley love her!!! I was first introduced to motorcycles though my dad. He is very into dirt bikes, but when I started showing interest, his exact words to me were “little girls don’t ride dirt bikes.” HA! He was right, they ride sport bikes! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Oh good :p

BTW, I live a half hour from Keene, NH. Once you learn to ride we could meet up for a ride sometime!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was first introduced to motorcycles though my dad. He is very into dirt bikes, but when I started showing interest, his exact words to me were “little girls don’t ride dirt bikes.” HA! He was right, they ride sport bikes! ;)
I wish my parents were as accepting about riding. I told my mom (she's an RN) and got lectured for hours about broken femurs, and I have yet to tell my father lol. Maybe in another couple years.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Haha we just went for a cruise around the neighborhood not going above 20mph. It was the first time we got the engine running well enough to ride it. I would never wear so little on an actual ride!
Still not an excuse :)

(majority of accidents happen within 5km of the person's house. Something very small and seemingly innocent can bring down a bike, even at 20mph)

Just saying cuz I care about a fellow woman rider, not trying to nag :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wish my parents were as accepting about riding. I told my mom (she's an RN) and got lectured for hours about broken femurs, and I have yet to tell my father lol. Maybe in another couple years.

Oh believe me, my dad is NOT happy! :Laughing: I think the guy part of him loves the bragging rights he now has, but the dad part of him wants to lock me up and ground me for an eternity! To bad I own my house and live out of state! :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haha this is the first time I've lived at home in 3 years and I'll be gone again in a week, so my father is definitely only on a need to know basis. My uncles on the other hand love the bike and can't wait to see me ride (safely of course). :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! I'm Jana...31...Live in Delaware. Just passed my MSF course in mid-July. I ride a 2005 Kawi Ninja ex250 (250r). Bought it in July (for a steal). My husband and I ride and I have an old friend that races (the boys ride YAM's). I finally got out on the road a little over a week ago and now completely addicted...took me awhile to get out of the parking lots!

41 - 60 of 167 Posts