Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking at a new bike. In negotiations. Anybody out there know invoice price for z '03 zx6r?
thanks

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
From what I've seen by this time of year, they should be at least $1000 less than the 04's. But it's different in all states, supply and demand that is...

·
Registered
978 Posts
I called 3 dealers here - the price difference was only about $50 on either model. Bikes hold their value pretty well, it seems

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by caddyridenlow
Bikes hold their value pretty well, it seems

New bikes that is... as soon as they leave the dealership the value sinks like a turd in a well!
Not sure how you figure that -

My 92 ZX6 is still worth about 50% of it's 1992 retail price. :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by dmp
I called 3 dealers here - the price difference was only about $50 on either model. Bikes hold their value pretty well, it seems
$50? Do they at least kiss you when you leave? I'd check some neighboring states. When I was looking last year, several dealers offered upwards of $1400 off and the 03's haven't even hit the floor yet...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks. was looking to see what dealer paid invoice vs. OTD price. but both were helpful....thanks...
mks in MN

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by mred
Originally posted by dmp
$50? Do they at least kiss you when you leave? I'd check some neighboring states. When I was looking last year, several dealers offered upwards of $1400 off and the 03's haven't even hit the floor yet...
I just got a note from a pal on a forums - he went into the same dealer I asked; they told him "We've been selling these for $7500 out the door...."

(shrug) I dunno who to believe..

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I guess it depends on what salesman wants to rape you on any given day. 90% of them suck. That's why you have to go in being a dick I suppose. I went in trying to be nice and they tried to bend me over as well. But on the other hand, it can be fun jacking with them:D.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My dealer buddy showed me the invoice on my '03 6R, $6870. But he also told me that he would get a %5 kickback from Kawasaki at the end of the quarter. I don't have any reason not to believe him.

·
Registered
978 Posts
just a reminder - the factory invoice isn't neccessarily what the dealer paid for the bike..

I just did the math - I'll be getting my -04ZX6R for $7332 + Tax...Damn King County Sales tax of 9.1% totals $8000 otd

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im on my 3rd Ninja now, course Ive had a couple of CBRs, and an R6. I just bought a 03 636 a few days ago and paid 7501.75 OTD in Calif. I checked with two different dealers, and they said their invoice was $6899.00. The dealer I bought mine from (roseville cycle center) did not charge me any extra fees, like setup and prep fees.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.