Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was born in Avoca, IA and was raised in Sioux City. I live in Houston now but still get back home occasionaly

Don't stare too long....I don't have bumpers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
quote:
do you bring your bike back to iowa?
Not yet, My parents would keel over and die. They do not know that I have a motorcycle and I would prefer to keep it that way. They are sooooo worrisome. I know it would put them in their graves. I may break it to them this spring, we'll see. I would love to bring it up there because Texas is so flat. I can think of some good roads back home to go on.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what part of the state are you from? I live in oskaloosa... its about 45 min from des moines...
what bike do you have?

2001 Yellow ZX-6R

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am from Sioux City. Upper mid-west corner. I am waiting for my 03 zx6r to come in. Just sold my '99.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live and ride in Des Moines...If you get here, thursday nights at porky's is a lot of fun, and there's usually 15-20 of us that go riding afterwards. Some damn good riders too, so bring your knee pucks!!

Rubber side down!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm originally from knoxville, but i know live in ankeny. I ride in downtown every once in a while, and i also race alot at eddyville raceway park.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey kawboy i live in oskaloosa.... are you sprint car fan? my brother races... i'm only 10 min from eddyville

yellow = fast

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't really care for sprint cars that much. Probably because I was around it so much. Haven't been to a race in years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am from Des Moines. I have a silver 03' zx6r just got it . i went to porkys alot last year and went riding alot with rpm boyz/streetdreemz. I used to have a 99 yamaha r6. I might recognize you if I saw you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also from Des Moines, I ride to Sioux City frequently as i have family up there. Just put on my second set of new tires due to the 5000 miles i have racked up on my 2002 ZX6R/forum/uploads/clsmitty/isu3.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a buddy of mine was up to des moines last sat night he talked to a few guys up town.. he has a 99 r6..

·
Registered
107 Posts
check out the new thread for the drag bike races @ eddyville! [8D] Need more bikes down there!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oakland, Iowa! Southwest Corner. About 20 minutes south of Avoca! Too bad I am closer to Omaha, than Des Moines. There doesn't seem to be anyone near here, Souix City is the closest guy. Anyone else? C'mon there has to be more people! South

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey guys, would anyone wanna do me a favor and take a ride to Sioux City and check out a bike for me? I'm in new jersey want to buy this bike, but would like to see it or have someone check it out first.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts