Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to take my choke off one day for a few too many miles and I fouled out the OEM plugs somewhat, it was starting hard and not running best at slower speeds..Installed the Iridium plugs today and all I can say is get them you wont be sorry..

·
Registered
288 Posts
My celica came factory with iriduim plugs, denso's to be exact. They are a little steep on the wallet, something like 12-13 bucks a plug, 50 bucks for 4 of them. and the car will run on nothing but, it didn't even like the NGK V-power plugs.

I will use nothing but iridium plugs from that day on. I'll look into getting some for my bike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Llyod574, it was based on your comments that I decided to change my front sprocket from a 14 to a 15 tooth, and I as well do not plan to ever change it back. So, you should get a commission from whoever sells this "CR7EIX", because you just sold them another set.

Sometimes around 60°F or lower my baby doesn't want to start so easy. I don't normally need the choke, but it takes a try or two. Even cold, most 65°+ days its a single 2 second push to start her up, no choke ever.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
quick question about the part number

I took a look at the DennisKirk web site. The page for the iridium plugs says to find the correct iridium plug, cross-reference the standard plug and add IX to the end. The OEM plug for the '08 250 is the CR8E, which would suggest the CR8EIX for the iridium version. I don't know what the differences are between the two, can you tell us why you chose the CR7EIX?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I took a look at the DennisKirk web site. The page for the iridium plugs says to find the correct iridium plug, cross-reference the standard plug and add IX to the end. The OEM plug for the '08 250 is the CR8E, which would suggest the CR8EIX for the iridium version. I don't know what the differences are between the two, can you tell us why you chose the CR7EIX?
I believe the major difference would be in the heat range of the plugs. 7's for colder climates, 8's better for warmer areas.

·
Registered
443 Posts
For those reading and following recommendations blindly...I'd suggest caution on moving to a hotter plug if you are running stock. I don't want anyone to get into a pre-ignition situation and cause engine damage.

If you do a lot of idling/traffic or have significantly richened the carb then the hotter plug might be better.

My advice is worth the same as the next guys...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i will have to go look at the boxes tommarrow..the invoice says cr7eix....

the parts manager looked up the correct plug on the Kawi website then the crossed it over in the NGK book...

did I mention how much better it runs? I had it up to 100 mph yesterday..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks everybody for your responses, and for not flaming me for being a stupid noob. Souper, you just answered my next question about what to worry about if moving hotter. Here is SoCal it gets pretty hot in the summer, so I would be concerned about moving to a hotter plug even though I do a fair bit of idling at the stop lights (my commute is 6 miles on surface streets) and I'm running completely stock.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
um...ur plugs were fouled.
putting stockers back in would have been night and day difference too;)
Difference is Iridium plugs almost never foul and flood the bike once with OEM plugs and it will run like shit over and over again..Iridium plugs are cheaper in the long run in a carburated motorcycle..Much more forgiving..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.