Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
If it helps you any ... In February of 08' I sold my mint condition 2004 EX250 with ~7,500 miles on it for $2,500.00. I suppose it is dependant upon the condition.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's almost enough to get a brand new 250.
yeah, right now your about half way there with all the markups that demand has brought. i would say thats a pretty decent price as long as the person did all the routine maintenance.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm probably gonna snatch it up. I'm really desperate right now. I don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months for the 09's. I just want to be out there riding.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I'd pay $2200 for that.

Yes, flames are removable. I love that bike and miss it much. What kind of tires? hopefull Pirelli MT75 or Demons

·
Registered
618 Posts
2500 with new tires is pretty fair, given the time of year. id come in a hair lower with cash and he'll probaly take it. and as said above, flames come off

·
Registered
170 Posts
He backed out when i asked $2400... screw him. I'll wait for a better deal
Here you go, Another Nobody. If you don't buy this one (given that it's still there), you don't really wanna ride. You know most used bikes in OC are going for over 5K. This one looks like a deal. It's somewhere in OC, it must be close by where you're at...
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/784194754.html

Either that, or just offer the guy 2500 for the one you made the offer on. What's another 100 bucks? The good times you'll have on the bike are worth way more than the extra cash you dish out. Plus you'll make that up in gas in no time. At least you'll get to ride. Then, do what I did. Start riding, and keep a close eye on Craigslist. If you're lucky (like I was), you'll only ride it twice before you find a used 08, then just sell your pre-08 for what you bought it for. If you wanna ride, you have to buy. Either that, or wait. But something tells me you do wanna ride.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here you go, Another Nobody. If you don't buy this one (given that it's still there), you don't really wanna ride. You know most used bikes in OC are going for over 5K. This one looks like a deal. It's somewhere in OC, it must be close by where you're at...
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/784194754.html

Either that, or just offer the guy 2500 for the one you made the offer on. What's another 100 bucks? The good times you'll have on the bike are worth way more than the extra cash you dish out. Plus you'll make that up in gas in no time. At least you'll get to ride. Then, do what I did. Start riding, and keep a close eye on Craigslist. If you're lucky (like I was), you'll only ride it twice before you find a used 08, then just sell your pre-08 for what you bought it for. If you wanna ride, you have to buy. Either that, or wait. But something tells me you do wanna ride.
I just called and no one picked up. Maybe it's because it's 11pm?

It's probably sold already since it's been a few hours since it was posted.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just called and no one picked up. Maybe it's because it's 11pm?

It's probably sold already since it's been a few hours since it was posted.
Just be all over it first thing in the morning... and have cash in hand. Hopefully that will be your new bike! What I learned was plain and simple... stay all over craigslist, have the cash ready, and when the right one shows up, JUMP! Don't try to talk anyone down over the phone or email. If you're gonna try that, at least wait till you're there in person and flash the cash.

Good luck with this one.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^I'm really determined right now. This is THE week. I'm gonna get a bike by the end of this week. My limit on a used 250 is $2500, if I find one for under that price I'm gonna be on it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
BTW, does anyone know if those flames on the 250 are removable? I think they're a bit too much for me.
Yeah, you get enough flames here in the forum. :rolleyes:

The flames are removable and the bike would look better without them. Heat them up first with a hair dryer and get some 3M Adhesive Remover for the clean up. I used to swear by Goo Gone, but it didn't do a damned thing for the residue after I de-badged my Ninja.

And stop agonizing over it and get the damned bike!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts