Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about it, but then it passed..

True the 00-02 are outdated (have been since 01) but according to who.. I think the 00-02 looks better than the GSXR and CBRF4 F4i.

No one can touch its ride, the most comfortable.

The 01-02 R6 may look nice but they still have a shit gear box.

Other than that, I really dont care about inverted forks, lap timer, Fuel Injection. They are all nice to have but oh well... not at the added expense. That's no reason for me to sell my bike, take a $2000 loss (maybe more with all the shit I put into my bike) only to pay more money on the new one.

I dont owe a penny on my bike... Why should I sell - lose money and have to pay more for an 03..

Lets say I can get 5,500 for my PERFECT CONDITION 2000. I paid $7500 out the door.

Thats a $2000 loss

The new 2003 is going to cost about $8,500 out the door) assuming you get a few hunderd knocked off the $7,999 MSRP (Which I doubt this year) I will have to caugh up an additional $3,500 to pay for this bike.

Is my 2000 worth taking a $5,500 loss? answer: Hell No!
Its in mint condition and runs better than new...

The 2003 look real nice but not worth the added expense for me.

Think about the cash you will lose before you decide to take the plunge.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I'm still not getting off on that front end. The tail is awsome, and I love the dash, but not that nose. It's just not sexy enough for me to even bother with for the money.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ditto both of the above...

The money it would take to get out of my '02 and into an '03, no way.

Also, I completely agree with the nose of the '03, looks like a comic book bug eye thingie. The '00-'02 looks mean from the front, that's what I like abot the looks of it. The '03 looks like a more agressive seating possision, one of the reason's I ruled out the gixxer when looking to get a bike.

It's days like this I wish I still did drugs!

·
Registered
262 Posts
The more I see the 03 the more I like it. First thoughts... damn that's ugly but I said that about my pickup before. I really like the Yamahas also. CBR is not bad but don't care for the undertail exhaust. My bike is an 01 ZX6R and I have put $$ in aftermarket mods so I will be keeping it and just wait a couple of years. I am thinking about a cheap thrasher bike though, or a new Meanstreak cruiser... Bike thing is addicting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.