Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i the only one who holds in the front brake and then gets off the bike before putting the kickstand on? I find it much easier you have more control. All you do is come to a stop, hold the front brake in, get off the left side, put most the bike weight on the left side, then kick the stand down. Its much better and will cause less drops for you people. Anyone else?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What gave you the illusion that you may be the only one to do this, that made you start a thread to ask. The comment about putting all the weight to the left, I am thinking you mean right if you put all weight to the left, which means you have your left foot holding the weight, how to you put the stand down.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Well with any other bike you'd be correct, but with the 250r's it works the other way around. It's confusing I KNOW, but you clarified it by posting it in the 250r specific forum. Thanks for clearing that up!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Iv read so many people dropping there bike cause they have not put the kick stand down properly then when they got off it fell on them. I just thought i was the only one to do it a 'different' way. BTW i live in Adelaide, Australia, and own a 09 Ninja 250r. Got it Tuesday so i havnt even had it for a week yet, but my bikes before this i did the same thing. I was just curious on the methods most people use when getting off there bike, thats all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Vex what your saying is the only way to put the kickstand on 250r's is to get off first? Because iv noticed when the kickstand is down the bike leans heaps so it would be hard to put it on while on the bike.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
No I'm saying if I have to say something as generic as how to get off of a MOTORCYCLE, I wouldn't pop in the ZX-9R and post this... Nor would I pop in the Versys forum and say that.

... Maybe the EX500 forum? Nah probably not.

It just drives me nuts always seeing this forum clogged up with such generic posts. I am willing on betting this post doesn't last too long in this forum before it gets moved. While yes it might seem dickish for me blathering such nonsense, but stick around this forum for a little bit and see how many, "What helmet should I pick" or "Do you fill your motorcycle upright, or on the stand" posts before you flip the hell out because it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 250'S! Hell did you mention ANYTHING 250 related or anything that would be specific to these motorcycles in your original post?

Nope. IT applies to anything with 2 wheel and a kick stand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it does relate to the 250r seeing as i own one. I was just wondering the right method or safest to get off your '250r'. And i think this forum will work better if you posted helpful replys on what it states in the title and not blabber on about other stuff thinking your the king of this forum. And if you dont have a helpful answer dont reply at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So Vex what your saying is the only way to put the kickstand on 250r's is to get off first? Because iv noticed when the kickstand is down the bike leans heaps so it would be hard to put it on while on the bike.
I am still not understanding what the leaning is all about. I pull up, put the bike in neutral, still no lean yet, put the stand down, still no lean yet, get off the bike, lean comes into and turn the key off.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Well it does relate to the 250r seeing as i own one. I was just wondering the right method or safest to get off your '250r'. And i think this forum will work better if you posted helpful replys on what it states in the title and not blabber on about other stuff thinking your the king of this forum. And if you dont have a helpful answer dont reply at all.
Are you super stunned? Or just a old poster that got banned and decided to come back and annoy other people on the forum. THE SEARCH FUNCTION WORKS WONDERS!!!!!

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
Am i the only one who holds in the front brake and then gets off the bike before putting the kickstand on? I find it much easier you have more control. All you do is come to a stop, hold the front brake in, get off the left side, put most the bike weight on the left side, then kick the stand down. Its much better and will cause less drops for you people. Anyone else?

this is one of those things that was never emphasized enough when I did the MSF. Often times its a good indication that if you see a rider who does this he or she prolly hasnt taken the course.

Its a terrible habbit to some as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok well this thread has me a little confused. So when I get off my bike I come to a stop and either put it in neutral or first depending if I am worried about my bike rolling away. Then while still upright and sitting on the bike I put the kickstand down. Then I lean it over and THEN get off the bike. I also took msf and they really did not emphasize how exactly it should be done but this is generally how they made an example to do it. I figure if I am over the bike and I lean it over on the kick stand I am in a better position to catch it if the kickstand is not down perfectly than if I was off the bike. The whole method of getting off the bike then putting the kickstand down seems awkward to me but so how exactly should this be done?

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Is putting your kickstand down really that big of a deal? I put it down while on the bike, seat it on the stand with a little backwards tug to make sure it is stable, bob's your uncle and you're parked. Hardly threadworthy, yet here we all are posting...weird.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
The only bike I did this with was my Gas Gas supermoto because it would tuck up high under the frame so I would get off holding the front brake and the reach into the frame and put the stand down. It's the only way that made sense as the little nub that came off of it was near impossible to hit with your foot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts