Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys had this in the aftermarket exhuast section but didnt get any hits. I should be getting my 250r in a week or so (09) and i was wondering about something i stumbled on while looking through the threads it was a photoshop picture of the 250r with the 0? gxr exhaust and it looked very good. I havent seen anyone do this yet to the 250 just the picture do you think it would harm the motor or take away power being that it is made for a bigger bike? or would it be fine.

the next issue is finding a pipe as i have done some quick searching and it doesnt look like they are common for 06 and the 07 and they are all over the place on ebay and such but they are not in slip on form like the 08' 600 but i also noticed that the 08-09 gsxrs have a different type of exhaust.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes this will be my first bike.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Then focus your efforts instead on learning and improving your riding skills, not on what the bike looks like.

There will be lots of time to mod the bike after you learn to ride it safely.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL ok kkim understood but Im a tinker and its in my genes of course i do not plan on doing this mod anytime soon prob not until i learn well enough not to drop the bike on a regular basis but i need to know if it can be done so i can start to save my money for what parts may be needed. When the old stock pipe has been scratched up and doesnt endure damage anymore i would like to do the mod.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
cool... post up pics once you get the bike home...we all like pics. :) what color did you order?

have fun, ride safe

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thinking thunder blue only because they stopped the kawi green that I loved.....plus it's the fastest :)....so knim no thoughts on the exhaust?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Panocha Rider is doing some work on his right now. I am waiting to see how it turned out, he said it should be done in a week or two. I just got my 09 Black today. I love this thing!!!:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
tc3jg, supramann93 is correct. Just an update, I have recived the GSXR exhaust and will be doing the mockup this week. I did do a vid with sound before any changes so there will be something to compare to.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SWEEEEET cool thanks pancho rider nice to have found you lol or i guess you have found I. I think it looks sooo sick but ok please keep me updated. which exhaust did you recieve for the gsxr (year)

·
Registered
49 Posts
SWEEEEET cool thanks pancho rider nice to have found you lol or i guess you have found I. I think it looks sooo sick but ok please keep me updated. which exhaust did you recieve for the gsxr (year)
Thanks. Mine is from an 07 600 GSXR, but a 2006-2007 600 or 750 will work.

I am not actualy doing the work myself because I do not have the equipment, otherwise i would have no problem doing this.

I am having a local shop assist in this. I will work with him to get photos of the process so that others can do this themselvs or use the info to have someone else do it for them.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i will be awaiting the updates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts