Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I, as you might know, have a 2001 ZX6R. I want to buy a new exhaust for it, and get a better looking pipe along with more performance. I am looking at the Micron exhaust, a buddy of mine works in a performance shop and can get me a great deal on the pipes. Now here is my dilemma, I can get just the slip on and it'll look good and maybe pick me up a few horses, and save the difference to put towards the new ZX10R, Or buy the full race system. Along with the K&N filter and new carb jets to match, getting alot more power than just the slip on, but the difference is about $800, which would go a long way on top of the trade in of my current bike towards getting a new one which would be alot faster than my ZX6 would ever be. But I really do like my current bike. So I'm torn, what does everyone else think?

Jared

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The more you change your bike from stock the less you are going to get for it when you get ready to sell or trade it in.

A properly jetted full system "might" give you 10 hp at best and make your bike a little lighter. The K&N filter will probably only lose you a hp or two.

If you took the same money and went to a "race" school like Keith Code's or similar you would be much faster and you would take that speed with you when you went to another bike.

·
Registered
239 Posts
save the $$ and put it towards your purchase of the 10r. you will not see any monetary return when you sell or trade your bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.