Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
i think the HJC AC12 carbon helmet is sick. its very clean and neat.

as far as painting a matte color. i dont see it being that difficult to paint. its pretty similar to painting flat colors. i think a matte white would look good [i almost bought an R1 painted that color] but all matte colors look hot IMO of course

·
Registered
810 Posts
i think black matte looks like shit personally, but all other colors are pretty clutch.

·
Registered
247 Posts
but the 06 matte blue is some kinda single stage if you rub it hard enough the blue will come off insted of a matte clear first

·
Registered
245 Posts
on the bikes from the factory its a color injected plastic.... But painting a bike like that is not to difficult... Basicly you will lay down your base coat. then when your mixing your clear coat to spray it you ad an flattening addative, you can give tone done the shine as much as you want all the way down to making it apear as if it were primer.... Its a little harder to lay clear coat with the addative because it has to be perfect.. If you run it, you get to start over... and you can not color sand and buff it

with out the addative a run is no big deal because your still able to cut and buff the surface to work out the run...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.