Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my Acumen DG8 plug and play model on my '06 ZX-6R (636). It was a piece of cake to install and program (I followed the instructions exactly on Programming). However, I was curious if it's normal for the Display to cycle through (no numbers appear, it just spins in a circle) when you are at a stop light in 1st gear.

Anybody with a Acumen DG8 please post up and let me know if this is normal. Also, sometimes when you downshift from let's say 4th gear, during the lag that occurs when shifting (and thus slowing down) the display sometimes will revert for a split second back to some other gear and then display the correct gear. Anyway, I'm assuming this is all normal because the display requires speed to send the impulses/ratios to the Acumen in order for it to calculate the correct gear. Just curious...

·
Registered
763 Posts
yes thats normal, with the clutch pulled in for long enough, it will start to do what you said and do some kinda display mode jsut going in circles or whatever. and same for the other thing showing a diff # for a sec when shifting gears.

the only problem ive had with mine lately is that when i shift from 5 to 6, when in 6th it will flash back and forth from 6 to 1, 6 to 1, and continue until i shift down to 5 and back to 6 agian. im just guessing it gets a wrong signal or something but who konws. not a big deal for me.

·
Powerhungry
37,951 Posts
Originally posted by IcePick06
I recently installed my Acumen DG8 plug and play model on my '06 ZX-6R (636). It was a piece of cake to install and program (I followed the instructions exactly on Programming). However, I was curious if it's normal for the Display to cycle through (no numbers appear, it just spins in a circle) when you are at a stop light in 1st gear.

Anybody with a Acumen DG8 please post up and let me know if this is normal. Also, sometimes when you downshift from let's say 4th gear, during the lag that occurs when shifting (and thus slowing down) the display sometimes will revert for a split second back to some other gear and then display the correct gear. Anyway, I'm assuming this is all normal because the display requires speed to send the impulses/ratios to the Acumen in order for it to calculate the correct gear. Just curious...
yep mine does that too. i just pop it back to neutral, then to 1st again and its fine.
or just leave it and when u take off it corrects itself.

stylin: ive never had the 6:1 thing tho..thats kinda weird.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am looking to get one of these... Where did you guys get yours and how much?
Does anyone have the blue and if so, how does it perform in the daylight?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by pillslinger
I am looking to get one of these... Where did you guys get yours and how much?
Does anyone have the blue and if so, how does it perform in the daylight?
i have the blue, its PLENTY bright enough in the daylight.. no fad out at all.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks guys...I figured it was normal. I payed $130 shipped for mine and it's the plug and play version (takes 15 min to install and program--including removing and reinstalling the windscreen). I have the red one as it's the only color that Acumen guarantees WILL NOT wash out in the sun and since mine is primarily a track bike this mod is terrific.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by IcePick06
Cool thanks guys...I figured it was normal. I payed $130 shipped for mine and it's the plug and play version (takes 15 min to install and program--including removing and reinstalling the windscreen). I have the red one as it's the only color that Acumen guarantees WILL NOT wash out in the sun and since mine is primarily a track bike this mod is terrific.
Where did you get it for $130 shipped? This will be my next mod...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.