Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the bulbs isn't on. i know that's common on most bikes, for only one headlight to be on, but i didn't know the 2002 6R's had this. it's always been on before.......

·
Registered
537 Posts
Bike has H4 bulbs, dual filament. A lot of the time low beams will burn out you will be left with high only. I rode around like that for a while, until one of my high went.
Was on -> not on now = burned headlight
2000-02 have dual headlight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you go to change them wack some 55/100 watt globes in ie 55 low and 100 high. The wiring is more than up to holding the extra load as is the fuse. And trust me 200 watts of high beam vs 120 is a BIG difference. Ive seen 2 x zx6r's running this head light configuration and there hasnt been a single problem.

Gareth

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeap, that will work just fine. I have 90/100 set up on my bike with ultra purple lights, looks nice and wiring is still fine after ~2 years.
Go to locale car parts store, they should have "ricer" section with that sort of thing. Go for good bulbs, don’t be cheap. Good stuff will have nice solid coating on top of the bulbs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This will make me sounds very Aussie! I am refering to plain globes without a coating. Just higher wattage. Last time I used 'ricey' bulbs in my old car I hit a Kangaroo and almost wrote my car off cause I couldnt see where I was going!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.