Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remember the guy i sold my bike too snake?? the old 6e?
sounds like the it is shot.. but do a couple of other things.. make sure the chain is n't kinked.. that both sprockets are ok(teeth are fine not broken or bent) lube the chain etc...
does power die then surge again stop and go?? if so that's the same problem..the kid was having.

best thing to do is take it to a shop and take a look

to get over someone .....get under someone!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
ok, if you remember, I was talking about my bike being down on power a little and having a vibration??

on a group ride today the vibe was still there but a little worse but now there is an abrupt cutout of power in 2nd gear only at 9000 rpm and again around 1200 rpm. It is almost violent like a bad spark plug wire on a car when it cuts out.

It feels like a spark problem or almost like something is skipping a tooth on a chain. At first, I was thinking it is spark related but when I realized it only happens in 2nd gear, it made me think this has to be a transmission problem. If 2nd gear is damaged, maybe this would explain for the prior vibes and increased engine drag/braking.

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP
flushmount v's, valter moto rearset adjusters, tank guard. Removed decals, 2002 rear fairing, Pyramid hugger

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah black.. the power cuts out and then comes back as if a tooth on the sprocket or gear wheel catches. like with stang's r1, i think my problem is the same thing.

did that kid who bought your bike ever get it fixed? was it his trans too?:(

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP
flushmount v's, valter moto rearset adjusters, tank guard. Removed decals, 2002 rear fairing, Pyramid hugger

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no idea.. he must have go ti fixed it was un rideable... stang's R1 is shot too??

dam yamahas[:p]

to get over someone .....get under someone!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
no, stang's bike was fixed over the winter.

i just ordered the service manual in pdf format from Eltorito(who is on this board). I'll get a loook at how difficult it will be too remove the engine to see if i want to mess with it.

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.