Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
007- That should be about it. You might want to loosen all of the bolts a little bit before actually removing them so that one bolt doesn't become over torqued and be a pain to get it off. Not sure how tight the bolts are on your pan. You have a new gasket with the pan? Other than that, sounds like you have it covered!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
720 Posts
Good, because my dad said lets wait until Friday. Fuck that i'm doing in when I get home. Even though it's be a 7. I'll just take my time.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yeah just go slow and pay attention and you will be fine...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have the service manuel. Just got the parts. I've taken the exhaust off, so now all I have to do is unbolt the pan. Now is there anything else that I should know that might surprise me.
Changing it seems pretty simple. Just unbolt than bolt the new one back one. And replace the gasket.
Tell me if there are any hidden things so that when I change it I don't see something else fall out.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I removed all the bolts holding it, but now it won't come off. Is there some type of vacumn? And if so how can I take it off? Pry it with a screw driver?

·
Registered
303 Posts
tap lightly with a rubber mallot.. if you dont have one use somehting that will not damage the pan.. good luck

yellow = fast

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More than likely there is some permatex type material in the gasket that is helping it hold and fill holes. Take a putty blade, and wedge it between the pan and the block, and work it around. Don't worry about the old gasket since you have a new one. Just make sure you go straight with the flat edge of the pan, so as not to gouge it leaving a possible leak area. I am not sure how soft the metal is, but I don't think it should be easily damaged. Just don't use a screwdriver. That is too blunt of an object.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
298 Posts
Be careful when you go to tighten the pan back up. Use a torque wrench and tighten to the correct specs. Aluminum can strip out really easily.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I tried using a rubber malet to dislodge it but it seems like its stuck really good.
I need one of those putty blades.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.