Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so today I got asked for the third time in a week if my bike was a 1000, and I had another guy ask if it was a 900. When I tell them it's a 600 they are always surprised. Anyone else get that?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
All the time... I've even heard 1100 or 1200....lol it is the silver, for some reason silver bikes look way bigger than they actually are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, I get asked what displacement it is all the time. I dig the fact that the size isn't plastered on the side. I'm a big fan of Kawi leaving the ZZR nice and clean. No flashy boy-racer graphics.

It makes people walk around it in a circle, scratch their chins, raise an eyebrow, and finally say; "so, uhhhh, what is that thing anyway?"

The muted decor seems to attract the ire of less police officers too.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I like the plain look too, i am thinking about pulling the "ZZR" stickers just to add more amusement. Maybe replacing them with some silver "ZZR" ones....

·
Registered
532 Posts
well i dont drive a zzr but i get that sometimes when i beat some idiot on a new 6 because they dont know how to drive their own bikes. its kinda funny when they go "is that a 9r or a new 1000 i dont know about" and i get the biggest satifatation to say "naw its just an old 6"

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I get asked all the time. That's the 900 right? Is that an 1100? I just nod and say "Yes. Yes it is." It's easier than correcting them and explaing the difference. I like the understated look. I pulled the stickers and even pulled the Akrapovic sticker off the can. It looked out of place without any other decals. I get the 900 question, but 1000? I do liked being asked though. It makes me feel that much better about not buying an R6 or a gixxer :D, and the less attention from the popo the happier my wallet is. ;)

ZX6R:

ZX9R:

The front fairing is almost identical. The screws on the side are spaced even on a ZX6R/ZZR600 and on the ZX9R the top screw is farther apart than the bottom two screws. The tail section is very similar, but the ZX9R has vent holes on the bottom sides. The dead give away: The three piece lower fairing on the 9r vs. the two piece lower fairing on the 6R. The 2000 ZX9R has the rear handles while the 2002 ZX9R doesn't and the rear (pillion) seat sits a tad higher. I just let people think I have a mint custom painted 2000 ZX9R [:M97].

·
Registered
464 Posts
2 things. One is that most people don`t know the "old" zx6r bike is still being made. Heck I didn`t even know till I went to look at my bike before I bought it (wrecked).
The second is that most people are only up on their brand new bikes and not on older models. I`d wager most guys out there on the new 600`s couldn`t tell the difernece between the 600`s of even a few years ago because each model has undergone such changes in that time.

You REALLY want to confuse people just take the fairing and name decals off. Most people guess my 250 is a ducatti - honest truth. People realy too much on cosmetics to identify bikes. A new paint/decal scheme will throw the majority of sportbike riders off on ID`ing a bike. Simply because a good number of sportbike riders are posers and wheelie addicts (no offence is meant to anyone on this site at all) and are only up on whats "new and cool"

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the clean look of the zzr, it doesn't need any flash to make it look good. Also this design has been around for a while now (edit:the fairings and such), and to me it still looks fresh. Kawasaki did good with this one I think.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I wonder if a ZZR900 will ever be in the works?? I love the looks and lines of both bikes. I might buy and '00 or '01 and paint it silver and let my wife ride the ZZR600 :D.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i love it when people look at my bike and wonder what the hell it is... i have a custom paint job and of course no sitckers or anything like that, just the flying k on the back... most people will even look at that and then ask me what it is...

after i did the paint job i had some guy look at my bike and then the k and said to me "why do you have a flying k on your yammi"

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 02 z_x_6_r
i love it when people look at my bike and wonder what the hell it is... i have a custom paint job and of course no sitckers or anything like that, just the flying k on the back... most people will even look at that and then ask me what it is...

after i did the paint job i had some guy look at my bike and then the k and said to me "why do you have a flying k on your yammi"
lol my daughter (she is 13) is learning the makes and models of bikes...she is getting good at telling the make, still working on the model part but she is getting pretty good :D

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
it always seems to me that they ask if its a 900 or 1100 or 750. Never a 600 or 1000. I dont know why that is but i dont think ive ever been asked if it was a 600 or 1000. I like when they say "thats a 900 right, my cousin had the same one". Or "i used to have an 1100". They never know what brand though.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Originally posted by JCP636
it always seems to me that they ask if its a 900 or 1100 or 750. Never a 600 or 1000. I dont know why that is but i dont think ive ever been asked if it was a 600 or 1000. I like when they say "thats a 900 right, my cousin had the same one". Or "i used to have an 1100". They never know what brand though.

No its the best when they actually tell you the bike, and then procede to tell you the facts sheet. Just like they have memorized it the night before...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My ultimate idea was to find some "clear" reflective vinyl, and have the Ninja logo made with it. Putting it over the "ZZR" so that it showed when the light hit it. Now I am thinking maybe just clear "ZZR"s not reflective even.... as the reflective clear doesn't seem to exist (I contacted tapeworks).... hmmm

Or..... maybe clear with a silver outline.... wonder what it would look like?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heh.. that's too funny timberwolfz...

I'm _ALWAYS_ asked "Nice bike... is that a 900?". People really go ape when they ask what that little lever is for... "What!? You mean it's not fuel injected?" hehe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.