Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously i was an I4 junky then i got my Triump Dyatona (Mild Mods)fun bike, then a RC-51 (major overhaul) with upgraded suspension and 50 weight reduction, really fun to ride. But somewhere in the mix i feel like something is missing, I think it's the 10,500 RPM Redline or maybe the RC-51 gives you such a forgiving ride when pushed to edge.
Ever since i saw the 03 6R i have been having fever for one, not to mention that the magazines are saying that it has some serious character to it.

If any owners can give me some insight on the bike,as i can't just go and test ride one as i am in the (Middle East)right now. It would be greatly appreciated.
My choiaces are the 6R or the 10R if its out when i return.
Thanks
Go Team USA

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Well personally I dont like the way the 10R is going to look. I have an 03 636 and its a great bike. I cant even push it anywhere near its limits! I keep tying though. But I would definatly recomend you sit on the 636 for a little while before buying it. The new seating position takes a little getting used to. Your wrists are going to kill the first 2 weeks you have it! It has sooo much power though. You can feel a lot more bumbs then some of the older bikes though (because of the inverted forks) but at least that front wheel stays put. If you can live with the overly aggressive seating position then this is the bike for you. I got used to the riding position and now I actually like it more than the other position.

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree as well. The ride position is agressive, but after riding it for a while, I couldn't imagine sitting any other way. A very agressive bike that will not leave you with any disappointments! I rode mine the other day, and was on reserve fuel only, and pulled a straigt power up wheelie! This thing has plenty of balls. I would not trade it for anything.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
32 Posts
Riding position was extreme at first but soon got used to it and I am just about to have the first service this weekend.

Now I found very comfortable and waiting to experience the top end power they are famous for.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i dont know why you would want a 636 over an rc51. that is my DREAM BIKE! if you feel the absolute need to get rid of that crushing torque and hp of the honda v twin, then the 03 is all that from what ive heard. what did or didnt you like about the rc51? i sit on one atleast every 6 weeks or so, just cant afford it right now. Hows the valve adjustments? can they be done fairly easily?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well the rain stopped today around 1000 and by 1300 the roads where dry and I was out for a ride. I decided to take it into the back roads up in Alabama (just a few min north). There are a couple of roads that there is literally nothing but trees for a couple of miles. Slowed down to about 40 layed down on the tank, down shifted to 2nd, let her rip and up came the front about 1 inch of the ground. It would bring the front up even when I shifted to 4th. The aerodynamics are kinda cool, at high speed you can feel the wind hitting you about where your belt is. With a double buble screen I would imagine that wind wouldn't be an issue. So far today was the fastest I've gone, and there wasn't even the slightest feeling of being unstable. I feel more comfortable on this bike at 130mph then I do on my ex500 at 70mph. The only thing about my 636 that I found kinda annoying is for the MSF course I took on it no matter what I did I couldn't get it to do the figure 8 in that damned box. Don't know if it was me or the bike just won't do it. But I figure that the bike was never intended to do circles in a 20 foot box, so I don't really care. So far to date I'm averaging 43mpg, that's with mainly city driving.

You don't have to be faster then the bear, just faster then your friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.