Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop is saying all the gears, the drum, and one shift fork need to be replaced for a grand total of 1480 dollars. My friend has a blown engine from an 04 ZX-6R (oilpump failed). If I can use that trans, then it will only cost me 500 dollars. Are all the parts the same?

·
Registered
167 Posts
it seems a lot of people are having trans problems. i wonder if it would be a good idea to make a sticky and have the people with problems list it and if they use dino or synthetic oil. also explain what was damaged if they know. i have read a few posts that people said kawi said it was abuse. im sure a lot of bike get beat to piss but this many? just a thought.

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
i agree with above. and no the 04 is different. 05/06 is same. and yes there are ALOT of ppl having problems with the 05/06 tranny. its garbage. i think a sticky is a hell of a good idea. dont even get me started on the shuitty gearbox.....[V]

·
Registered
579 Posts
All the gears and one of the drums and a shift fork?? DAMN!!!! Buy the parts ship your engine and all parts to me and I'll rebuild it for you. For $1480 you should go get some custom gearing and slap them in.:D

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
Originally posted by Reject
The shop is saying all the gears, the drum, and one shift fork need to be replaced for a grand total of 1480 dollars. My friend has a blown engine from an 04 ZX-6R (oilpump failed). If I can use that trans, then it will only cost me 500 dollars. Are all the parts the same?
pretty much described my damages. total for me was 1600. and was told that unless the gear were custom ground that it would probably happen again. this is what kawi told me. not the dealer.
wtf, i have to do custom machine work, to keep my gears from spitting apart. pathetic. and not covered under warranty, even tho they know about it. and suggest how to fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.