Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I dumped my bike doin slow wheelies around 5-10 mph, I was wondering if bikes can be aligned or what I should be looking for as far as straighness of the bike. I want everything back to normal again. I know I gotta check the forks and whatnot but what should I be looking for???

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks vetter, but is there any other "broader" way to check it, like if i'm riding can I just let go of the handlebars and see if I drift heavily??

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here's what I would do.
Put the bike on a rear stand or have a bud sit on it holding it up right and visually check from the front of the bike that it is not twisted to the left or right.
Check your steering stops on the frame to see if they have been hit hard enough to leave a mark or bust one off.
Sit on the bike and look down through the area between the tank and guages so you can see the front wheel. Better done with the front fender off. Check the angle of the bars/triple clamp to the front wheel. Make sure your clip ons did not shift in the crash before you do this.
Inspect the area on both sides of the frame just behind the steering head casting for any dents/bends/dimples/etc.
If all of these tests don't show anything then I would do what you suggested. See how it tracks on a straight and level road. Make sure there is no crown to the road to screw you up.
Good luck.

If all of these

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.