Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy my first motorcycle and would like to get something a little bigger than a 250cc since I'm a 6' guy. I think a Ninja 500, 600, or 650 would work great for me since I'm a beginner and am on a budget.

I've been watching craigslist and found this motorcycle:

2007 Ninja EX-500 -Perfect to learn or Save $$$

Do you think it's a reasonably good deal?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
For my zip code at nada.com, they say the retail for a 2007 Ninja 500 is $2,500 to $5,000, depending on the condition.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Seems like a decent deal. Nothing to write home about, but definitely wouldn't be screwed if you bought it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
way to much for that many miles. 1800-2000 if it's in great mechanical and cosmetic condition.
I haven't seen any Ninja 500's in that price range. NADA says the bike is worth $2,300, so I was thinking of taking cash and offering that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you think a prvate party will take a CC or a check?
I bought my 2002 Ninja 500 w/2200 !! Miles for 2K even in perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition.
5K miles later sold it for $ 2000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you think a prvate party will take a CC or a check?
No, what I meant is that I would take $2,300 in cash with me and say take it or leave it. The bike hasn't sold in over a month (according to the date on the craigslist ad), so it might be hard for him to turn it down even if it's less than he was hoping to get.

I bought my 2002 Ninja 500 w/2200 !! Miles for 2K even in perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition.
5K miles later sold it for $ 2000.
That sounds like a great deal. I keep reading about deals like this, and the same thing when I was looking for a car a while back, but I can never seem to find any really good deals. I consistently look, but nada :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Patience my brother, patience. It took me close to 2 month of daily looking on CList and calling around. But it was the first bike that I went to look at and bought it within 15 mins of seeing it.
I sold it just as fast, just keep looking and don't settle for a pc of sh*t and someone else's headaches.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldn't pay $2300 for that year with that many miles for a 500. I bought an 06 back in 2010 with 5600 miles on it and paid $2700 that was just after Christmas. If you can wait longer while perusing the ads you can do better as the winter comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts