Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and will be taking a MSF course next week. Because the course is coming up soon, I've been keeping tabs on the for sale ads in my area. Anyways, there's currently a pretty sweet looking blue 250 for sale on craigslist right now and I wanted to know:

1. Given the listed problems with the bike (cracked front fender and busted turn light), is this a good deal? They're asking for $1,500.

2. If the bike is a good deal, about how much would it take to fix the fender and turn light?

3. I don't know anyone with biking experience and, if the bike is a good deal, I'll be buying it asap soooooo..... What should I ask about/check for when I go look at the bike?

The bike in question is:2007 ninja 250

TIA

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Depending of course on the extent of the damage, but that seems like a good price. I have not seen an 08+ in good condition go for less than $2500

·
Registered
317 Posts
Got my 08 250 for $1500 with cracked/repaired side fairing, broken turn signal, scratched up yoshi pipe but its no biggie. For beginner like me its perfect because if i drop it then its no bid deal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm looking at a 09 Blue 250 with a few scratches on the left side front fairings 3.5k miles. Dude is asking for $3.2k. Oddly enough it is actually one of the cheap ones around NYC.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Id say its a pretty good deal. I wouldnt worry about fixing up the fairing unless it interferes with riding. your going to drop it, and it may crack again.

For 1500, you could later on part out the bike and recoup most of your money. Id say go for it, repair the turn signal to be legal, and enjoy riding. Then upgrade to something different next season.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am already thinking about upgrading but i cant find anything that i like.
ZX6R is way too low and too big for someone like me. I dont feel comfortable sitting on it. I like that 250r is a sit up and has high handlebars but i have yet to find anything that has similar feel in a sportsbike.
Any one have any suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts