Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps, I am really considering buying a 2005 zx6r 636 with 2800 miles for 5800USD. Is this a good price. I am thinking of taking/ make it as a track only bike. you think it's worth it? I currently have a K7 gxxer 750 but i would like to just use it on the streets. Any suggestions/ opiions? lets hear it. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i bought my '05 636 in september '07 for $5400 and it only had 2055 miles at the time and was in super clean condition. but then, i got screwed cuz the guy hadnt registered it for a loooong while and i paid $440 at the dmv to get the reg up to date.

i say get him down to 5000 if u can. 5500 max.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
id say about 5400 or so would be a good price. i would pay 5800 cause i love my 636 and think its worth it.

BUT
if you want to make it a track only bike. fuckin save the money and Buy a track only bike
PM me if you want a sweet gsxr 600 track bike for 5k my friend is sellin. its already set up for the track and ONLY HAS 1200 or so miles on it!!! its a great deal. i was going to buy it but my parents said no cuz i live with them!!!

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
not a KILLER deal but not a bad deal, me being the low baller i am i'd try for 5200 but thats me ;) i'd say go for it

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the advice. Now I got presented an 05 R6, mild rash of the fairings Left side at around 15mph 6000 miles and 4K what do you guys think. Should I let the zx6r and take the R6? I know there would be some bias answers but let's hear it. thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice. Now I got presented an 05 R6, mild rash of the fairings Left side at around 15mph 6000 miles and 4K what do you guys think. Should I let the zx6r and take the R6? I know there would be some bias answers but let's hear it. thanks guys.
that r6 year wasn't too bad, they had some decent power, but still the midrange wasn't there for me, a buddy of mine has one & while they do handle good, the power just wasn't for me. I personally don't like buying wrecked bikes (unless it was gonna be for a track) because there are so many small things that will add up over time if you try to get it back to mint, if i were in your position i'd say go for the 636 because of the mileage, fact that it hasn't been wrecked etc..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts