Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to buy a 2013 ZX10r. The listing states the bike has never been down and has several new accessory‘s including weighted bar and grips and Shorty levers. It is the black and white color scheme and has 6000 miles they are asking $8000. The problem I’m having is the fairings are missing something very important the white wisp behind the zx10r logo, even more concerning the zx10r logos aren’t there ! Also the mirrors are not connected and he said he just doesn’t like to ride with the mirrors but he said he has them. Do you think this bike was dumped for certain because who in their right mind would takeoff that logo for no reason? Help!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
440 Posts
Likely been a Track Bike especially with the Mirrors removed or as you say could have been dropped.
You can't just Peel of the Decals as they are Laquered over so that is a replacement top Fairing.
At $8k I would want it right.

·
39,624 Posts
Likely been a Track Bike especially with the Mirrors removed or as you say could have been dropped.
You can't just Peel of the Decals as they are Laquered over so that is a replacement top Fairing.
At $8k I would want it right.
On any Kawi that I've ever owned, the only decals that were lacquered over were on the tank. The ones on the fairings have always been removable.

I've peeled the factory graphics off of multiple bikes because I didn't like the flashy patterns and/or the additional colors, I preferred the solid base color...which was always green. You'd be able to tell if the fairings were OEM by looking at the inside of them. If they are, and there's no other signs of damage from a tip-over, I wouldn't run away.

Also, I had the mirrors removed on my RR, but as Kev pointed out, it was a track bike.

Reactions: Zephyr

·
39,624 Posts
No problem. It looks like a really clean bike to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts