Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this exhaust is available to the general public for purchase?

It's akrapovic, but i've never seen it before.

Also, can i get some explanation on what the silver "rear set" looking things are on the back of the swingarm? I found them here: http://shop.attackperformance.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=23E0001-1140642108 I know they are like high end spools, but how would they mount up to a stand?

And lastly, what is the gold thing beside the exhaust?

·
Registered
757 Posts
1. Looks like a regular Akrapovic can, made for something like an 03 ZX6R, shortened and re-riveted to make it look like Beet Nassert can.

2. Spools are mounted to the stand and go in the rounded openings on the lifters.

3. No idea. Looks like a remote reservoir of some sort. I see there's one more for the rear shock, so this one might be a whiskey flask in disquise.

·
Registered
233 Posts
1 - I noticed that can, but had forgotten about them. It definitely isn't a can from an older bike. It's roughly the same shape as the typical can for an 05-06, but had a conventional outlet.

2 - What moloko said.

3. Camera is a good guess.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The gold thing next to the exhaust is the preload adjuster on a Ohlins rear shock. As far as everything else, the others got it right

·
Registered
520 Posts

3. No idea. Looks like a remote reservoir of some sort. I see there's one more for the rear shock, so this one might be a whiskey flask in disquise.

[:M50][:M22]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I really like the way that pipe looks!

·
Registered
670 Posts
the silver thing on the back is an automatic chain adjuster.
the can is not available to the public that i know of.
not sure on the gold thing so i wont guess.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
automatic chain adjuster? Holy shit i have heard it all now..

Yeah one off exhaust

Ohlins pre-load adjuster

rear stand lifts

Not a fan of the round or oval can under there...Also it is a unique Akra as they dont copy anyone elses shit
i have the preload adjuster
Holding off on the chain adjuster

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
dude i get compliments all the time on my yosh. i love it, it sounds good, and it didnt break my bank.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Puig dark smoke on current, and Zero Gravity dark smoke on my last bike.. Both good products IMO

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
D'oh.. That post somehow went in the wrong thread. That was weird. Please disregard. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.