Is this guy serious??

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  skywalker 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Originally posted by ozanbacak
That's a little pricey, but comes no where near this :D
http://tinyurl.com/qg9wo
The dude must be smoking something
Holy shit! You could buy a brand new Ducati 749 OTD for the BIN price he's asking! What the hell is he thinking? lol

#7 ·
That can't be a real auction....I mean it is because it's there, for everyone to see on eBay, but he/she is simply hoping that someone goes on eBay and hits "Buy it now" and doesn't look back.

On a similiar note:

It's the same thing with engine covers. People automatically think that they are getting a great deal on them because they are on eBay. I needed one for a CBR600F3 and checked eBay, it was like $54 + shipping. I checked at the local dealer, $45. People these days are so stupid that they just think that because it is on eBay, it is the best deal. Vendors have been preying on that for a long time, and a lot of people don't have a friggin' clue about it, because they don't bother to research.

--David

#8 ·
the guy selling that r6 is outta his fuckin mind!!!!

the dude with the ninja, well, all the extras on that bike arent that big of a deal. he says its all raced out just because he threw on a damper a new chain, some decent brakes, some rear sets and a and a slip on (oooh a slip on)lol and gave it a stand and some tyre warmers.[:M42] its a cool bike though. hes better of returning hes bike to stock and selling all that stuff he listed seperate!!

#11 ·
Originally posted by dwillits
That can't be a real auction....I mean it is because it's there, for everyone to see on eBay, but he/she is simply hoping that someone goes on eBay and hits "Buy it now" and doesn't look back.

On a similiar note:

It's the same thing with engine covers. People automatically think that they are getting a great deal on them because they are on eBay. I needed one for a CBR600F3 and checked eBay, it was like $54 + shipping. I checked at the local dealer, $45. People these days are so stupid that they just think that because it is on eBay, it is the best deal. Vendors have been preying on that for a long time, and a lot of people don't have a friggin' clue about it, because they don't bother to research.

--David
Good advise.
Same thing goes with any online vendor. SOmetimes the local shop has the same or lower prices than the internet (which has shipping charges). Check out local prices and compare. Sometimes when its like $5 difference or something I just buy it from the local store, and don't have to wait. Call it a convenience fee.

#12 ·
Originally posted by modcrazy
the guy selling that r6 is outta his fuckin mind!!!!

the dude with the ninja, well, all the extras on that bike arent that big of a deal. he says its all raced out just because he threw on a damper a new chain, some decent brakes, some rear sets and a and a slip on (oooh a slip on)lol and gave it a stand and some tyre warmers.[:M42] its a cool bike though. hes better of returning hes bike to stock and selling all that stuff he listed seperate!!
Eh...if the whole thing was completely prepped, someone who wants a turn key track outfit might be willing to pay that kind of money. It takes a little time (or money) to fully prep a bike with race fairings with a belly pan, drilling holes and safety wiring everything together, all that jive...the Yamaha is what really gets me.

dwillits:

I completely agree. I've had good luck with kneedraggers having things for great prices, or on sale or what not, but they have a lot of stuff that's right around MSRP, too. I've had the most luck going to small bike shops (fuck Cycle Gear, those bastards don't deal for shit)...little race shops and such that start out their inventory by parting out their old track bike...those are the places I love going to.

I only use ebay for rare shit that you can't find or order, and it IS a good place to find deals on whole vehicles IF YOU RESEARCH (IMO, anyone who buys a vehicle online without researching...ugh...I hate stupid people). I got an ABSOLUTE STEAL on my 636 on eBay, and now 2.5 years and 25k miles later, I don't have ANYTHING negative to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.