Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts
I look at it and I see a 250cc sumo...it's not intended for the same market as the 250R guys...I think it's brilliant. It'd be one hell of a fun machine to abuse in the twisties...:D

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
oh shit that looks fun

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I don't think I could ever really hate honda. Gross looking or not, it's probably an incredibly fun bike to ride.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Ninja curb weight 374 lbs.
CRF230M curb 267 lbs

That's a pretty big difference. Over 100 lbs? And less plastics to break off when you drop it. Seems like a good city bike to me.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Honda is really milking the 230. Not necessarily a bad thing though as the engine is pretty much bulletproof.
I have the CRF230F, which is the dirtbike version, and I abuse it to no end. I have had the thing buried to the handlebars in mud (took about 6 hours to get out...) and flooded it out multiple ties riding through "puddles" that were too deep. Not to mention I ride it like hell, and half the time the engin is caked in an inch layer of mud.

Regardless of all that, the bike has never given me a single issue. I'm thoroughly impressed. Assuming it's the same engine with different gearing for the street, this bike should be nearly maintenance free and bulletproof.

I know they have had the CRF230L (the dualsport version) out for a couple of years now and I haven't read anything bad about them, I can only assume this bike will be just as good. I have read reports of people getting well over 100MPG on the 230L, so I would expect this to follow suit.

Also, the engine it torquey as hell. I know it will be geared lower for the street, but I think that the torque of this engine in this design could result in a LOT of fun on that bike.

It's main downfall. I would never pay more for that then the Ninja 250. Lower the MSRP 1000 and it would be a great seller.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I want to see a 400cc supersport styling bike. A bit more zip than a 250 with less danger from a twitchy throttle... but thats just me.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I want to see a 400cc supersport styling bike. A bit more zip than a 250 with less danger from a twitchy throttle... but thats just me.
Maybe they could stop making an ugly 500 cc twin that doesn't sell at all and replace it with a 3 cylinder 450 cc, keeping 150 cc per cylinder like the 600's. Perhaps some of the engine technology would transfer over.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
whoever pays $4,749 MSRP for that crap must be on some good crack

used bike market (SS or stardarts) is such a better pick no matter how you look at it

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
In my opinion the 230 honda is an EXTREMELY poor attempt at an entry to the American supermoto scene. The bike is horribly underpowered, they didn't even bother to do any work on the suspension and don't even get me started on the fact they kept the stock brake on the front.

Supermotos are ridiculous fun bikes and you can get much better ones for a little bit more with better equipment on them. Even Kawasaki at least changed up the suspension and braking. As far as I'm concerned, if you want a sub 450cc Motard, the Yamaha WR250X is the best money spent right now. It's lighter and just as quick as the Suzuki 400SM (some say even faster than). The 230M is just a weak example of Honda trying to milk a single bike as far as they can.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts